Cameron's Holiday Party!

2:28 PM Posted In , , 16 Comments »
Wednesday was Cameron's Holiday party at school, so we got up and got dressed for school on a day that we normally wouldn't. I had to reassure Cam over and over again that he wasn't really going to school to learn...just for fun. He was cool with that explanation.


As soon as we got there they started loading the kids up on sugar. Oye!




It's like you can already see the sugar running violently through his veins.




I was able to snag him for a second so he could take a pic with his (newly red-headed) mom.



Shortly after, Teacher Tammy read "Twas' the night before Christmas."



And then....none other than the Jolly Old St. Nick stopped by. Cameron was really REALLY curious about where the Reindeer and sleigh were. He was tugging on my arm to go outside with him the entire time Santa was there. He really wanted to get a firsthand look at these magical creatures. He finally dropped it when I told him they were on the roof and would be scared if he tried to go look at them.


Then it was time for some one on one time with Santa and Cam was first in line to have a chat. It was almost as if he had rehearsed exactly what he was going to say in the five minutes prior to their meeting.



Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas and Cameron, with a giant booming voice declared, TWO dumptrucks and something else I can't remember...




Cheese!




And wouldn't you know that every other boy that climbed on Santa's lap also wanted TWO dumptrucks. Tonka is going to make a killing this year ;)





Cameron with his cousin An.



And then...what all the kids had been waiting for. THE GIFT EXCHANGE.
Each child who wanted to participate was to bring a wrapped $5 gift and then they would swap. The waiting process was painful for these kids. You could cut the tension with a knife.



and then it was finally time...




The pure excitement and happiness in the room was contagious. I have never seen such giddiness outside of Disneyland.




Cameron scored a Batman shaving set. He was SO pumped about it.


After the gift exchange, Teacher Tammy explained that "the mommies and daddies would be leaving now but the kids were going to stay and play." Tears erupted IMMEDIATELY. Including from Cam who was coming home. It was sad yet comical at the same time.
I assured Cam he wasn't staying so we booked it out of there with our bag of candy and newly acquired shave set.
Cam came home and shaved his chin for about three hours. It was a great day :)

16 comments:

~aj~ said...

Stay and play?! Oh, the horror!!!

Cam is too funny. I like the little smile he had while sitting on Santa's lap. ;)

And I had no idea you had switched to red, you hottie, you. Looking good!

Kristin said...

I love the red! Looking good.

And I did not see that Batman shaving set. Easton's getting a Spidey one and it was $10 not five. Wish I'd have found the $5 Batman one.

What a fun party!

KirstenM said...

I LOVE the baby carrier! I borrowed one from a friend when we went to Disneyland it is the BEST! I wish I had had it with all 3!

The Sanchez Family said...

Love, love, love your hair. Did you do it yourself? professional? can I steal the color?!?!?! :) Let's get the kiddos together again after the holiday rush!

sheree said...

Kirsten- omg, I love it too. It really is so comfortable! I am definitely sporting that at disneyland when we go again!

Jenn- I got it done at spanish fly at 17th and J. Steal away :) And I am always ready for a get-together with you guys so whenever you're ready, I'm ready!

Kristen- I bet whatever paraent bought that fibbed on the price. :)

Virginia said...

I love how you told the story with pictures! I suppose it's not surprising that Cam is dressed classy.

Have you had red hair before this? It looks fun! It's sad when it fades fast, I hope yours doesn't!

Did you finish "Breaking Dawn" What did you think of it? Now that it's my winter break I finally finished it last week!!!

Kyla said...

I love the red hair!

Cameron looks so handsome! And he's a trendsetter, too, now all the kids want what he's getting for Christmas! LOL.

Crittle said...

You hair looks great. That color really becomes you and you just set it off with the hunter green sweater.

Cam is so cute and I love that he shaved for 3 hours. Hee!

Jenn said...

Pictures of Cam are always so animated! I love your hair, it looks fabulous!! Meaghan's preschool party was cancelled for the Fri and they had it on the Thurs instead (weather) but didn't tell anymore. So, no Santa, no gift exchange, and no big treats. Nice. Err.

WheresMyAngels said...

He is so cute. Hmmmmmmmmmm sugar cookies!

Dani said...

How much fun! Oh yes I noticed Miss Gabby in her beautiful Beco. I LOVE mine!!! I actually just got 2 new ones from a mom who ordered a few extra when they were on mamabargians.com so I got 2 for less than the price of 1! I can't wait till Soli can get in hers...

Katie said...

Love, love mama's new look!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE pictures! And love your hair ... so cute.

Anonymous said...

Look at you hot mama!
You look GREAT!!!!

Cam of course is so cute!

The Sanchez Family said...

Hi Sheree!
Did you see that we sell Beco's on our website? We have a few that are on clearance (close out sale for 2008). Let me know if you or any of your friends are looking for a brand new one at a great discounted price! :)

sheree said...

ooh jennifer- no I didn't see that! I am going to go check it out! Thanks for the heads up! :)