Twas' the night before Christmas...

9:25 PM Posted In , , , , 14 Comments »
and my kids could care less.


Seriously, what a letdown. I was SO anxious to see Cameron's excitement this year being that it is the first year that he REALLY gets it. We have been talking about feeding the reindeer and leaving milk and cookies out for Santa ALL.month.long. What went wrong you ask? Two words.



NO NAP.



Who knew a measily ole' nap would ruin my festive plans? We have been laying around the house pretty much all day finishing up wrapping gifts, and other miscellaneous things. Before I knew it, it was 5:30 pm and Nguyen had come home and it was time to get ready for our holiday dinner at his sisters house. We figured the no nap thing would be no big deal...he skips naps every once in a while and the world has yet to end.



After our lovely dinner and gift exchange we were headed home. Cameron was asleep within about 12 seconds of being in the car. No big deal. We live about three minutes away so surely he would wake right up as soon as we hit our driveway. Not so. As soon as the car was in park I was trying to wake him up with excitement in my voice... "Cameron, it's time to go put out the reindeer food and cookies for santa!" (insert crickets chirping sound here) "Oh and don't forget about the PRESENT you get to open tonight!!!" He wasn't budging. So Nguyen brought him in thinking he would wake up if we laid him down in the family room in front of the tree. Nope. He was O.U.T.


So I told Nguyen forget it, and made him do all of the cool and fun, festive stuff I was SO looking forward to Cameron participating in. I took pictures as photographic evidence. Enjoy.
Cameron dead asleep. Nguyen is forcing Cameron's hand into the bag of reindeer food.



Yes, we are immature parents.



The gift I wanted him to be super excited to open.

(how classy am I with my sharpie, by the way?)

I told Nguyen he needed to be excited about this for my sake.


Gabby was uninterested at first...




Curious George. HOW EXCITING!




Gabby's holiday attire.



Cameron's Christmas PJ's that he won't be wearing since he is already passed out in "regular" jammies.



But for fun...let's just pretend.



I hope this is not considered child abuse.



How excited are you about this, Cameron?!!!



Okay, enough of the torment...

My baby girl actually felt bad for me and put on quite the show of enthusiasm over her new unicorn.

These should put a smile on your face. They definitely put one on mine ;)








Merry Christmas family and friends...
We love you all!
-The Phamily-

14 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Merry Christmas!!

I'm so tired! I haven't even gotten Aysha's presents wrapped, my cheese balls made of the floor vacuum for tomorrows video's. It's 1am and I can't do it!

I'm just like your son, I wanna sleep!

Your post had me rolling!

Oh and Santa had to have a 2.00 cookie with LOTS of frosting. Aysha tried to pick one that didn't have alot of frosting but I told her "No, Santa won't like that one, not enough frosting"

She wondered how I knew. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOOOOOVE the fact you made Cam do all this stuff asleep! Those are going to be AWESOME when he is older! TOO freaking cute! Loooove N's face with excitement! Bwhahahaha! He is just awesome.
Gabby.. Oh my goodness. She LOOOOOVES her unicorn! I don't think it can get any cuter then that!
Merry Christmas sweet friend! I know Cam won't let you down tomorrow morning! Have a great day!

Larissa said...

Merry Christmas Pham Fam! This post was hilarious and adorable, I love you for that! I would have done the samething to Lana ;)

Gabby is the bestest princess ever, Noah wants a Christmas kiss from your sweet girl. I promise that his intentions are good... but he might try to chew on her fingers.

Kristin said...

I love it! Gabs is too super cute and more than makes up for her sleeping brother. But him "modeling" his jammies is too too funny!

Dani said...

Thanks for the laugh I needed it! Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog from my blackberry in my hotel in berlin and I have to say even the tiny pics are cracking me up. When I grow up and be a parent, I want to be just like you, lol. You guys crack my shit up. Gabs is such a doll, she looked into it even if cam sadly wasn't. Miss you guys so much, hope you had a lovely christmas. X0x0 on to rome tomorrow, ciao bella!

Kyla said...

I am LAUGHING! Oh my. It is like Christmas Weekend at Bernies. LMAO! The one of him passed out with the jammies laid on him is priceless.

KayTar and Gabs are unicorn buddies. She looooves that unicorn.

Andrea said...

I am DYING over here at those pics of Cam. That is TOO funny!!!! Those pics will be fun to have when he's older. HAHA!! The excited look on N's face is PRICELESS! HAHAHAHAHA!!! and the ones of Princess are TOO SWEET! I just want to gobble her up! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Crittle said...

You all are just too cute. I love it!

Y'know, I almost sent the Curious George Goes to the Aquarium book to Cam. "Almost" because I am lazy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is great! Hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I nearly wet my pants at that photo of Cam with the pjs laid over top of him...you guys were funny, even if you were really just disappointed--what a bummer!

Jenn said...

Our kids were EXACTLY the same! Meaghan is a Feb/05 baby too and I was SO stoked that she'd 'get it' this year and we got all ready and went to look at Christmas lights and they totally zonked on me. No Santa cookies/beer, no letter, no excitement, just ZzZzZzZz...

Those pictures are so beyond hilarious, seriously, they gave me tears, omg!

Casey said...

HAHA, omg, I just read this! SO FUNNY!! I love that you put his jammies "on", I would TOTALLY do the same thing, lol. Gabby is super cute with her unicorn, it's amazing how much joy they get out of such a simple thing, huh? =)

~aj~ said...

I don't know when I've laughed so hard from reading a blog. Can't wait for Cam to read this one when he is older!!