Easter Weekend!

5:11 PM 8 Comments »
Happy Easter everyone!
We just got back from visiting the family in Fresno and we had a GREAT time!
Since Nguyen has to work every Easter and my dad moved away, I decided it would be fun to actually do something this year instead of sitting at the house twiddling my thumbs. So my mom and I packed up the kids and spent the weekend with family and I am so glad we did.
Get ready for a picture overload!
Gabby cheesin it up when we first got to Aunt Nutty's house.

Cameron testing out his new monster feet. He did surprisingly well.
Cameron made best friends with Nutty's fur babies, Maddie and Macy.

On Friday night, we made two different bunny cakes. Cameron was in charge of one of them while G-Ma handled the other.



Ta-Da!



So proud!



And G-Ma's creation. It's so cute!



Smoking a carrot cigar...


Then Nutty thought it would be fun to attack Cam with silly string.
He loved it.



And wanted to attack everyone else.


Including Aunt Leigh....



And G-Ma.



Later that night, Great Grandma and Grandpa came over to BBQ.
Gabby met "Grandpa Fuzzy" for the first time.



Cam being cute.

Saturday morning we attended a baby shower for my second cousin, Kristie who is adopting a little boy from China!

Cameron thought the patio swing was wonderful...
Gabby kinda liked it too.



Gabby got passed around like a football, making everyone smile along the way.

Gabby with the Mommy-to-be!


Thank goodness they had goodie bags for the kids!



Eventually, sleepiness caught up with Cam. He passed out in the swing.



But Gabby was the light of the party!



After the shower we headed back to Nutty's house and hung out by the pool. Cameron was interested in the pooper-scooper so Nutty gave him a lesson.



and he thouroughly enjoyed it.

And FINALLY, Saturday night was egg-dyeing night!


Gabby wanted to help.



Cameron did a GREAT job, despite having the sniffles and a major cough.


Gabby hung out in her play pen and amused us.



Saturday night, after a long day of playing, both kids passed out after a dose of cough medicine and slept in until 8-ish. Gabby caught up on beauty rest and didn't join us until after 9am.
Cameron decided to do the egg hunt without her...












He scored lots of fun goodies and is loaded up on sugar as I type.
We had such a fun weekend.
Cameron is already missing Aunt Nutty's dogs...
Tracey, give them hugs from Cameron please.

Thanks to all of our family who entertained us all weekend. We had a blast!
Hope everyone had a great Easter.
I need to sleep!

8 comments:

J n J Designs said...

Happy Easter Ree!!! It looks like you all had a great Easter weekend!!!

Hugs

Julia

Monica Crumley said...

Super cute photos! Looks like a fun Easter. I love the bunny cake, so cute! And the monster feet -- how fun. Gabby's so beautiful!

~aj~ said...

What a fun, fun weekend! All the pics are great. I love how Cameron just passed out in the swing. And Gabby's smiles are PRECIOUS!

Casey said...

Your kids are so cute, I just want to squeeze em! =) Happy Easter!

Gretchen said...

Great pics. and I love the cakes, it looks like everyone had a great time :)

Aunt Nutty said...

It was such a great seeing all of you. We had a great time. Mattie did not get off the couch until it was time to go to bed @ 9:00 a.m. She was exhausted! Tell Cameron Mattie and Macy already miss him. See you for the princess's birthday.
Love,
Aunt Nutty

My name is Sarah said...

Wow what a weekend. I love the bunny cakes and Cam's monster stompers. Gabby is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

You seriously have some of the cutest kids ever-oh, they are both just too much!