Doc called...

3:02 PM Posted In , , 12 Comments »

I just let out the HUGEST sigh of relieve ever. Gabby's pediatrician called and said she really isn't concerned about Leukemia at this time. When she said that, I told her "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that!" Of course, we still have the issue of why her white blood cell count/neutrophils are so low, but just knowing that as of right now we are NOT thinking about Leukemia makes me downright giddy!


She ordered another blood test to be done next week so we can check the levels. As of right now we are assuming that this is a viral issue that is going to clear up. It's still scary and Gabby can still end up in the hospital if she comes down with a fever so we're being cautious and keeping her home until we can figure out what's going on.


Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, love and support. I think it worked!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Super news.The best in fact.For what it's worth ... I wasn't worried in the least.My heart told me everything was A-okay.Enjoy your day, breathing so much easier!

The Sanchez Family said...

Best news ever!

Jennifer said...

Praise the Lord! Now praying that it is indeed a viral thing.

Aunt Nutty said...

Oh that is so great. I didn't read your blog last night so I didn't hear about this until today. You must be so thrilled. Fingers crossed and prayers that it turns out to be a viral thing indeed!

xoxo
Aunt Nutty

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Sorry I missed a couple of posts I think. Yes that sounds scary. I am glad to hear that you got some good news. Yeah! Hugs.

Monica Crumley said...

BIG HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF. Sweet girl was on my mind all night and morning.

Andrea said...

I'm sure the weight feels like it has been lifted!I don't want to share, because I am sure there are millions of reasons and I know this is not white blood cells, but the funny thing is I JUST got a call from Kamryn's Dr. tonight at 9pm and she has informed me that Kamryn has a low IGA. I have to admit she talked for 15 minutes and all I could retain was...this is a protien in the blood that helps fight bacterial infections in nose, mouth, stomach....anyway Kamryn often has a cold/runny nose. It clears up and then comes back. We will meet w/our Dr. next week. She often calls late so that is not a surprise and told me not to worry??? Just thought I would share! I won't google (I alwasy get worst case) so I will wait to see her. :)

Holly Suni said...

great news! :)

~aj~ said...

Yay! What a HUGE relief. I know you must feel like you're on Cloud 9 after a scare like that. HUGS!!!

Kyla said...

So glad!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT update and HUGE relief!!! *tight tight happy hugs!*

Lisa said...

I couldn't stop thinking about Gabs or you... so glad that issue is off the table.