The Polar Express 2010
3:05 PM 6 Comments »
We recently had the pleasure of hopping aboard "The Polar Express" for a one hour train ride to the North Pole. This has been something I have been wanting to do for the last three years but tickets literally sell out within an hour and I have missed it EVERY time...until this year!
.
If you've never seen the movie, you really need to rent it ASAP because it is an awesome story and is by far one of Cameron's favorites. I mean, can you blame him? Trains? Christmas? Santa? The North Pole?!! What's not to love?
.
Our train wasn't departing until 8pm which I knew was going to be rough on someone in particular...
.
.
But she was a trooper and did a great job of staying awake and being pleasant. Before our ride, we went out to dinner with our neighbors (who were joining us for the ride) and informed Cameron what is was that we were actually doing. I'm sure fellow parents can relate when I say I did NOT want to let him in on this fantastic adventure too soon, otherwise we would never stop hearing "Is it time yet?! Are we there yet?!" Needless to say, Cam was ecstatic when we finally broke the news.

Here's Gabby with "Mr. Max," our neighbor. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what the Polar Express was but judging by this photo, you'd think it was her favorite movie too!
.
With "Miss Tamra."
Finally we got on the train and Cam was a ball of excited, nervous energy.
.
Gabby was just happy we were all cozied up together so she could hop from one person to the next, getting in lots of cuddle time with anyone she could.
This is Cam with his good friend/neighbor, Tessa. She's also in the same Kindergarten class.
As soon as we started moving, the soundtrack from the movie started playing and out came the tap-dancing servers with hot chocolate and cookies!
.
If you've never seen the movie, you really need to rent it ASAP because it is an awesome story and is by far one of Cameron's favorites. I mean, can you blame him? Trains? Christmas? Santa? The North Pole?!! What's not to love?
.
Our train wasn't departing until 8pm which I knew was going to be rough on someone in particular...
.
.But she was a trooper and did a great job of staying awake and being pleasant. Before our ride, we went out to dinner with our neighbors (who were joining us for the ride) and informed Cameron what is was that we were actually doing. I'm sure fellow parents can relate when I say I did NOT want to let him in on this fantastic adventure too soon, otherwise we would never stop hearing "Is it time yet?! Are we there yet?!" Needless to say, Cam was ecstatic when we finally broke the news.
.
"Ahh...now I understand why we're in our jammies at a restaurant!"

Here's Gabby with "Mr. Max," our neighbor. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what the Polar Express was but judging by this photo, you'd think it was her favorite movie too!.
With "Miss Tamra."
Finally we got on the train and Cam was a ball of excited, nervous energy..
Gabby was just happy we were all cozied up together so she could hop from one person to the next, getting in lots of cuddle time with anyone she could.
This is Cam with his good friend/neighbor, Tessa. She's also in the same Kindergarten class.
As soon as we started moving, the soundtrack from the movie started playing and out came the tap-dancing servers with hot chocolate and cookies! Yummy!

.
Gabs was starting to feel the effects of partying like a rockstar about 30 minutes into the ride...

Shortly after we arrived at the "North Pole," the Jolly Old Guy walked in and the train went crazy with excitement!
And then there was this guy (and if you've seen the movie, you'd know he's a ghost who doesn't "believe." He gave Cameron a bag of coal and Cam thought that was way better than the jingle bell he got from Santa.
.

Soon after these photos, the train ride came to a close and we got out to check out the train and to go have a talk with Santa. I wish I had those pics to share but they should be arriving in the mail any day now. I'm sure it will be "Wordless Wednesday" worthy. Lets just say Santa isn't Gabby's favorite person!

.Gabs was starting to feel the effects of partying like a rockstar about 30 minutes into the ride...

Shortly after we arrived at the "North Pole," the Jolly Old Guy walked in and the train went crazy with excitement!
And then there was this guy (and if you've seen the movie, you'd know he's a ghost who doesn't "believe." He gave Cameron a bag of coal and Cam thought that was way better than the jingle bell he got from Santa..

Soon after these photos, the train ride came to a close and we got out to check out the train and to go have a talk with Santa. I wish I had those pics to share but they should be arriving in the mail any day now. I'm sure it will be "Wordless Wednesday" worthy. Lets just say Santa isn't Gabby's favorite person!





6 comments:
We went, too! We were there yesterday for the 3:30 ride. It looks like you were in the Kris Kringle car. That's where we were! Very fun!
SO much fun!!!! Let's take over a train car next year with the Sisterhood!!! And ALL wear jammies!
LOVE it! Ok, Jenn....I will come up for that one too! :)
Wow that looks like so much fun. Love the jammies.
Awww, how cute!
That looks awesome. This is the girls' favorite Christmas movie this year. Maybe next year we'll have to take a trip up North!
Post a Comment