I'm going out of town for a night so of course...

1:45 PM 3 Comments »
Gabby has to go and get sick.

This happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
.
Gabby has been acting a little "off" since Tuesday but I assumed she just needed to catch up on sleep. Well, turned out that on Wednesday she spiked a moderate fever and was miserable. I dosed her up with some ibuprofen/tylenol every 4 hours and she responded well. And then this morning she woke up looking a hot mess:
.

She had what appeared to be little fever blisters all over her mouth. It looked so painful! I felt awful for her. I proceeded to change her diaper this morning and about fainted at what I saw. My poor girl is covered in these nasty little red bumps.

.

.
I immediately called the doctor even though I was pretty sure it was a viral rash. She will typically develop a rash all over her belly and back shortly after a fever but this rash seemed different. Off to the doctor we went!
.
.
My little lady has been diagnosed with an a-typical form of hand foot and mouth disease. It's viral and just needs to run its course. Her doctor did say that if these little bumps start looking more blistery (filling up with fluid) that we might actually be dealing with a case of chickenpox. Time will tell.
.


.
Despite the nasty rash, she seems to be back to her cheery old self! No fever since midnight last night but we still need to keep her away from others until she's gone 24 hours fever-free. So that means my trusty sidekick doesn't get to go on our girls night away this evening. Bummed :(
.


.
I know she'll be fine though and will have lots of fun with Cam and daddy. Seriously though, why does this always happen? I swear people are going to start thinking I make this crap up which is why I felt compelled to provide photographic eveidence!
.


.


Hopefully this will clear up within a week and she can go back to school on Monday! Stay healthy, friends!


3 comments:

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

That DOES look like hand/foot/mouth. :( In these pictures it looks like Gabby is growing up, she looks older! Still adorable as ever! <3 I hope she gets better soon, and sorry about your weekend Mama :(

Katie said...

poor babe! Glad the rash doesn't seem to bother her now.

Kyla said...

Poor little sugar booger! Is it itchy? I hope she feels better soon and it is just HFM!