Gabby Update!
4:04 PM 6 Comments »
Today we had an appointment with Gabby's pediatric cardiologist. It was pretty uneventful which I am HAPPY to report. He says Gabby is doing well. They didn't do an ultrasound of her heart like I thought they would. Instead, they
just did an EKG that Gabby wasn't too thrilled about.

just did an EKG that Gabby wasn't too thrilled about.She has only gained 6 ounces in three weeks which isn't great. Typically, they like to see babies gain 1/2 of an ounce to an ounce every day. She sho
uld be well over eight pounds (close to 9) but she is only 7 pounds 9 ounces. :( The doctor says we'll just have to keep an eye on her weight and have a follow up in a month. I don't know where she is putting all of her food...seems like she eats a lot to me!
uld be well over eight pounds (close to 9) but she is only 7 pounds 9 ounces. :( The doctor says we'll just have to keep an eye on her weight and have a follow up in a month. I don't know where she is putting all of her food...seems like she eats a lot to me! Ever since she was discharged from the hospital, I have been on the lookout for symptoms of heart failure. So far, she hasn't showed me any and the doctor agrees that she is looking good. He said Gabby will let us know when/if she needs surgery. I asked him if he thought it would be likely she would have to have surgery and he said based on what he saw during her first week of life, she would. Hopefully it won't be until she is at least six months old. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. It's scary to think about, but I know she will do just fine.
Last night as I was rocking her to sleep, Gabby flashed me a huge gummy grin! :) It was awesome. I can't wait for the next one! Although I know once she learns to smile in public, we'll never get anything accomplished. Today we went to the mall and I couldn't get more than 20 feet without someone huddled around us admiring her! 

The rest of our day has been low key. Nguyen and cameron went swimming while the princess and I watched. OH...And I finally scored a WiiFit after trying for two weeks! Gamestop got two in today and I got the last one. Hopefully I can play tonight when the kids go to sleep





6 comments:
I'm so glad things went well at the cardiologist. Sorry about the "poor" weight gain...it's hard. Did they say anything about waking her in the night to feed again? Dalton is 15 months and I'm still "supposed" to feed him in the night.
"Although I know once she learns to smile in public, we'll never get anything accomplished."
Well, ain't that the truth!! Have you looked at that child lately?? Just beautiful!
I'll be praying the surgery can be avoided for as long as necessary.
All my girls were poor gainers, so I feel you on that one!
~katie
Glad to hear the "no news" at Cardio. Isn't that great?!
Weight gain. Ick. Once they drill that into your head, you'll be lucky if it doesn't become an obsession, let alone a part-time job. Are you having to have regular weight checks done now?
chrystal,
I took her in again yesterday and the doctor is requesting a weight check in a week. I am guessing that if she doesn't gain weight after "altering" her milk, we will be doing regular weight checks. I can tell you, I am already sick of the doctors office and it is only the beginning. ((sigh))
Bummer about the weight. We deal with that, too. It is always a stress.
She's beautiful! And I hope you keep getting good news from the cardiologist!
she is so incredibly cute!
Post a Comment