Can't Sleep...
11:53 PM 2 Comments »
I am feeling down tonight and I can't sleep.
I was browsing through myspace and came across an old classmate from high school. Although we weren't friends really, we were acquaintances and had dance class together. She was a sweet girl. Anyhow, after some investigative work, I found out she is battling an agressive brain tumor at the age of 25. I just can't imagine how scary that must be for her. As I read her story, I couldn't help but get upset at myself for taking the little things in life for granted. Her attitude is INCREDIBLE. I can not imagine being so upbeat about something like this, but she is, and THAT is awesome.
SO, I am making a vow to myself to not sweat the small stuff anymore. That's not important. Living life to the fullest, and being with the people you love most is what really matters. So next time I start to get upset over something dumb, I will remind myself of Amanda. If she can be positive during this trying time in her life, so can I. She is an incredible inspiration!
I was browsing through myspace and came across an old classmate from high school. Although we weren't friends really, we were acquaintances and had dance class together. She was a sweet girl. Anyhow, after some investigative work, I found out she is battling an agressive brain tumor at the age of 25. I just can't imagine how scary that must be for her. As I read her story, I couldn't help but get upset at myself for taking the little things in life for granted. Her attitude is INCREDIBLE. I can not imagine being so upbeat about something like this, but she is, and THAT is awesome.
SO, I am making a vow to myself to not sweat the small stuff anymore. That's not important. Living life to the fullest, and being with the people you love most is what really matters. So next time I start to get upset over something dumb, I will remind myself of Amanda. If she can be positive during this trying time in her life, so can I. She is an incredible inspiration!




2 comments:
I am so sorry for your friend, but I think it is awesome that her positive outlook has been such an inspiration to you.
I had a similar reminder a while back when we went out to dinner and I was stressed over what time it was and various other silly things and saw a family in front of us with a physically handicapped child and it probably took them 20 minutes just to get out of their vehicle and into the restaurant. I saw how happy they were and listened to them laugh as they were talking and it was such an eye-opening moment to me to not worry so much about the little things and enjoy every moment!
Sorry to write a novel, but your post reminded me of that moment. And for what it's worth, I already thought you had a pretty amazing outlook on life. You've been an inspiration to me as well!!!
How terrible. I hope she can beat it.
I had such a great time at lunch with you. Hurry up and come to Texas! LOL.
Post a Comment