Damn I'm still not good at blogging
8:10 PM 6 Comments »
Hello everyone its me Nguyen, Gabby's dad. I have a huge announcement to make. Yahoo.com has just purchased our family blog for 2 trillion. Yes, I said trillion with a "t". The only drawback is their "blog aquisition" specialist is currently located in Mexico, so we will be getting paid in pesos. At last check the 2 trillion pesos translates to 63 U.S. dollars.

On a side note, our lives have pretty much gone back to normal. We feel like a perfectly happy, healthy family of four
. Gabby gets more and more beautiful each and every day. Her hair is always sticking up and she looks exactly like one of those troll dolls with the gem stones in their belly buttons. ( I might be showing my age with that last comment). 
. Gabby gets more and more beautiful each and every day. Her hair is always sticking up and she looks exactly like one of those troll dolls with the gem stones in their belly buttons. ( I might be showing my age with that last comment). 
I know she has a long, hard road ahead of her but I just can not wait until she can walk so I can start really playing with her. When I look at her, I just see the prettiest little daddy's girl ever. I used to wake up every morning and the first thing that came to my mind was the fact that my daughter has Down syndrome. It would dominate my thoughts pretty much throughout the day. Now I hardly even think about Down syndrome. Instead I think about much simpler things like what shirt hides my gut the best. (black shirts if you need to know)

I will leave you all with a random thought that came to my head a few weeks ago. If a family adopts a child with Down
syndrome, everyone almost looks at them as heroes or they become such wonderful loving people automatically. If a family gives birth to a child with Down syndrome, people are quick to offer their condolences and feel sorry for them. Aren't both families in the same situation as far as caring for and loving the child but are instantly perceived by others totally differently? Just a random thought!
syndrome, everyone almost looks at them as heroes or they become such wonderful loving people automatically. If a family gives birth to a child with Down syndrome, people are quick to offer their condolences and feel sorry for them. Aren't both families in the same situation as far as caring for and loving the child but are instantly perceived by others totally differently? Just a random thought! Join my family in prayer that pesos will soon be worth as much as the dollar. Im out like snot from a snout!




6 comments:
I think these are the best Gabby photos yet. She totally has the troll doll-do. Awesome.
I think the difference in the situations is that the first is people willingly and knowingly taking on the responsibility, whereas giving birth to a kiddo with special needs of any kind is a shock to the system initially, because you didn't know you were signing up for it. Ultimately, in both cases, the parents totally kick ass and are blessed with having the privelege of experiencing the world of parenting in a special way.
Random thought, agreed. All families win with EVERY child =)
Oh, and she totally looks like a troll in that picture, so make a wish already!
~Katie
Hee hee....she's got a cute Troll-a-do! LOL! She's such cutie pie !! What a blessing she is to your family!! You've got a beautiful family...what a lucky little girl. :) (and Cam too.)
Okay, I agree...these pics are the best. Nguyen I love reading your posts. I'm not offering any condolensces, though. That Gabby is one baby I may just STEAL from you guys one day. She is the most precious child ever made!!
You two are unbelievably lucky...first Cam...now Gabby? Gorgeous and sweet!
And I hear ya on the black shirts. I LIVE in black shirts. :)
No wonder Sheree loves you so...you are a funny, funny man!
Gabby's hair is awesome. You must continue to document it's troll-ish-ness. :)
The 4 of you make such a wonderful family! Congrats!
Love the pictures and the comment about the troll doll hair. TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment