I've been slacking...

8:49 PM 7 Comments »







I wish I updated this more. I really don't have an excuse other than I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to say at the moment, haha.



We have had a pretty interesting and exciting few days with Cameron. Last week he had orientation for preschool which consisted of he and I going and hanging out at school with other kids for about an hour and going through a typical school day. He loved it and even managed to pick up his first illness (just a minor cold, but still!) He also managed to pass that minor cold over to his baby sis. JOY! But don't worry, she's fine. Nothing a booger sucker thingy can't handle. :)



Also, I got an AWESOME new camera and am in the process of learning how to use the beast. It's amazing and perhaps next week I will have some quality photos to share with you all!





So today was Cameron's REAL first full day (by full I mean 3 1/2 hours) of preschool. All was going well as we were getting ready. He even seemed excited that I was going to drop him off. We had been rehearsing the scenario of the "drop off" for three days prior and it had become one of his favorite things to talk about. So we get to school and head out to the playground where everyone else is and he starts to get a case of the nerves. He held on to my leg as I talked to his teacher for a minute or two. Then, it was time for me to go so I crouched down and told him it was time for mommy to leave. "But don't worry, I'll be back very soon!" and the tears started flowing...his AND mine. Finally the teachers intervened so I could do my fastest speedwalk outta there. I bawled like a baby in the parking lot. Speaking of speedwalking, did you know this is recognized in the olympic games? Interesting.



So I went home and tried to keep myself busy. I had NOTHING to do. The only real productive thing I did was unload the dishwasher. Gabby slept in peace and quiet for a good two hours. Nguyen went to the gym and I twiddled my thumbs.










FINALLY it was time to go get my boy. When I got to the school the kids were, once again, outside playing. I peeked outside and saw Cameron listening and following direction as they all attempted their best single file line. We made eye contact and once again, he cried. It was like a stab in the heart...the kind of cry that says "WHY did you leave me mom?! NEVER do that again." I giggled at his dramatics. We grabbed his diego backpack out of his newly assigned cubby and went home.


He sniffled the whole way home but proceeded to tell me about his fun first day. Apparently they went out to the garden and he saw a "HUGE melon, tomatoes, and squash!" He also got to cook in the kitchen today which they do every tuesday. Today's cooking project was two graham cracker squares smothered with frosting. Yummy.


I asked him if he was excited to go back to school and he said "yes." We'll see what happens thursday morning, haha. I have a feeling it will be a battle getting him in the car but we'll see.


So that's what we've been up to. This weekend is Nguyen's 29th birthday.
His last year in his twenties (he get's so mad when I say that!) We are probably going to BBQ and have his good friends over. Hopefully I can get some fun pics and have something interesting to write about in a few days :)

7 comments:

Crittle said...

Awww, I love reading about your family! Trust me, people will read what you write, even if you think it's not exciting. It's always cool to see how other folks live. Keep pressing!

That last pic of the kids is so great. Totally love it.

Can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes.

Crittle said...

PS: This thing rocks! (I know it sounds nasty)

http://www.nosefrida.com/

Pity DaFoo said...

Ok, so the picture of Cameron ready for the first day of school is so cute. I agree with the first comment, the last picture of the kids is adorable.

I am excited to hear all about your new camera as well. I want a new one so bad, I am jealous.

The Bliss Family said...

1st day of school?!?!? How exciting. I'm glad he had a good first day, hopefully the daily "drop-off" will get better with time.

Gabby looks soo cute. I love all the different headbands you put in her hair. Girls are so fun...

Lisa

The McNicol Clan said...

I agree with the first comment! I love reading about what you are up to... even if we haven't seen each other in years! Which really needs to change soon. I want to get the girls together and let them interact. :)

About the house, we are looking at others but this one has a lot of potential. There are some in the newer antelope area but all short sales... which is lame.

:)

Gretchen said...

Your daughter is so cute, you put her in the most adorable clothes. It's so cute that she keeps her head bands on. Gracie still has a problem w/ me doing her hair. And Cameron is growing up to be such a little man. I'm happy for you Sheree, your family is adorable.

~aj~ said...

"Born to shop"...Amen to that!

I'm sure Cameron had a lot of fun on his first day...even if it did bring some tears for him and mommy. I know it had to be hard, but it will get easier and easier...I promise!