listen up!
12:24 AM 4 Comments »
I have been trying to compose this post for a couple of months now but everytime I sit down to type it up, I end up deleting everything. I feel I am coming off too harsh, when in reality, it's not really something that she be tolerated anyhow so why do I care? Well, because we're all human...sometimes disrespectul, selfish, and ignorant.
So here's the deal... stop saying the "R" word. It's not needed. It's hurtful and should be banned from all of our vacabulary. Find a new word for "dumb" and "stupid."
That's all. :)
So here's the deal... stop saying the "R" word. It's not needed. It's hurtful and should be banned from all of our vacabulary. Find a new word for "dumb" and "stupid."

That's all. :)




4 comments:
You know, the docs don't even use it. They say "MR" these days, maybe to differentiate from the slang.
A friend of mine wrote a really great post on this, but she closed her blog a while back and took down the archives or I'd send it to you.
My ILs have a habit of using it and it drives me crazy. The last time someone said something about the "short bus", I said, "Oh, like the one KayTar can ride this year?" And they about passed out. Ooops. LOL.
I don't even recall docs using that word back in the 80s when describing my brother. He was diagnosed as Developmentally Delayed. I like thatbetter. I have big problems with the R word too.
I just realized that replying to your comments hasn't been working! Ugh!
Sooo, OF COURSE YOU'RE INVITED!! I even gave you a shout-out in the post. :-)
It's about a 3 hour drive, but I'd try to get you free aquarium passes to bribe Cam with. LOL!
Okay, so I am nosing around tonight and somehow come across your blog. LUCKY me! Your family is beautiful and your seem pretty darn funny. LOVE 'Sammy's poop replica, play dough' story...LOL!
So if you don't mind I think I will keep stopping by, I am always up for a good laugh ;-)
Your 'listen up!' post is short, sweet and PERFECT! I recently posted on the whole 'R' word dilema as well. People just don't get it sometimes do they?
Post a Comment