She's IN!
3:49 PM 10 Comments »
Today we had our first meeting with our Early Intervention Coordinator. It was basically just an informative meeting about what is going to happen for the next three years, etc. An early intervention nurse also attended the meeting and played with her while she assessed her mad skillz. The only
thing we came up with is that she has a slight head lag (poor head control) but really, that's not a huge deal. That will come with age and lots of tummy time :)
But anyway..the exciting news is that Gabby was accepted through our local county of education to begin services! More often than not, kids get put on a waiting list so we are very happy that we didn't have to wait any longer. Plus, our coordinator says that the county offers AWESOME therapies...much better than what we would have been offered on the "Plan B" route had we not been accepted. She also said that the school district where we live is one of the best when it comes to special needs children. So the combination of the county and our school district is just about as awesome as it gets! I'm pumped.
Next week Cameron and I will be going to orientation for preschool. We will go two separate days for an hour each day. Hopefully Cameron will see that "SCHOOL IS COOL" and won't flip out too hard the next week when "real" school starts.
So anyway, that's the scoop with us! Hope everyone is doing well. :)
thing we came up with is that she has a slight head lag (poor head control) but really, that's not a huge deal. That will come with age and lots of tummy time :)But anyway..the exciting news is that Gabby was accepted through our local county of education to begin services! More often than not, kids get put on a waiting list so we are very happy that we didn't have to wait any longer. Plus, our coordinator says that the county offers AWESOME therapies...much better than what we would have been offered on the "Plan B" route had we not been accepted. She also said that the school district where we live is one of the best when it comes to special needs children. So the combination of the county and our school district is just about as awesome as it gets! I'm pumped.

Next week Cameron and I will be going to orientation for preschool. We will go two separate days for an hour each day. Hopefully Cameron will see that "SCHOOL IS COOL" and won't flip out too hard the next week when "real" school starts.
So anyway, that's the scoop with us! Hope everyone is doing well. :)




10 comments:
Hooray for Gabby and EI! Your excitment about it all is so contagious.
And we're in the same boat with a preschool visit next week followed by the real thing which I'm freaking out about! Good luck to both our boys!
Yay for Gabby!
I love your "school is cool" mantra. Have you been reciting that a lot?
Good luck to Big Cam!
YAY! I'm so glad she got in and that you live in a great district. We live in a so-so district, but we've had nothing but good experiences so far.
Yay for Gabby! Sounds like she's getting an awesome start!
Hi, I somehow came across your blog and was really excited to find out your your daughter is getting started with early intervention. And that your family is half Asian like ours!!! My daughter is 11 months old and has DS with 3 holes in her heart (VSD, ASD, & PDA). She's doing great and there are signs the big hole (VSD) is starting to heal on its own (which the cardiologist told us not to expect) so we have been able to hold off on open heart surgery. Please visit our blog or feel free to email us. It can be very overwhelming at times with all of the medical stuff and learning different terminologies but Gabby will show you amazing things.
Lisa
blissfamily2006@gmail.com
Yea!! I am glad that when it seems like you have found a window that will open you can turn around and find the door already open and ready to walk through. There are always reasons why we are at, and I truly believe that. Sending all the luck for the "school is cool" !
Awesome!! That is seriously wonderful news for Miss Gabby!
Excellent news Sheree!!!
Sheree that's awesome! I am so happy for you and Gabby is more beautiful every day! I hope you know that I check your blog every week for new posts. I think about you and your family often and your pictures of the kids always give me such joy!
i found your blog through another blog that you had posted on. I read all the way back to the beginning. I remember the emotion and the feelings you wrote about. and I remember the day I stopped thinking about down syndrome first thing when I woke up. (from one of your husbands posts) Please check out our blog as well. Emma Grace was born on 10/12/06 with Mosaic Down syndrome. We did not know it until after she was born. I look forward to following your blog.
Post a Comment