Oh what a night!!

11:02 AM Posted In , , 6 Comments »
Why can't it just be summer all year long? Sometimes I get excited for cold weather, but then nights like last night put me in check.

First of all, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was complaining of being sick myself and of course, Cameron was dealing with it also. He went to school ONE week in November. We both got better, but never fully recovered as we were both still coughing. Gabby got a little snotty, but nothing to freak out about.

Fast forward to this past week. Cameron was back in school and whaddya know?! Come Friday, he is sick again. Congested, coughing, sluggish, etc. Lovely. And then the princess decides a barking cough sounds like a good idea. By the time night fell, I was totally freaked out and thought a trip to the emergency was in order. She sounded awful and was having a little trouble breathing. It broke my heart.

I put in a call to the advice nurse and she thought I could probably hang out at home until the morning, when they could get us in for an appointment. So I hardly slept a wink, and listened to Gabby breathe all night, making sure it never became too labored for her.

We just got back from our appointment, and as I expected, she has Croup and a touch of asthma. She got a shot in the leg of Dexamethasone and we got sent home with an inhaler we are supposed to administer every four hours. Fun times.

So, we'll be laying low this weekend. Hope everyone else has a good weekend! Have some fun for us :)








6 comments:

Kyla said...

Sick kids are so cuddly. Rosy cheeks and laziness. Awwww.

I hope the meds really help! How does she feel about the inhaler?

The Hapa Girl said...

Sorry that they kiddos feel sick, but they're still so darn cute! It's been a pretty uneventful time for us here...knock on wood. Luckily, nothing is going around school so nothing has come home yet!

~aj~ said...

They may be sick, but they are just too cute cuddled up like that. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Virginia said...

See, you know what it's like to be sick and with the sick...it is YUCK!

Oh and my suspense post :) Was pretty much like melting ice...

Crittle said...

I'm so sorry about the illness, but daggone it, they just look so cute there together. It makes me want to bring Malea over so that she can join in the sibling-ness of it all.

Cathy said...

Hope the kids are feeling better soon!

I agree with everyone else...sick or not...what cuties!!