A day at the zoo!
9:05 PM Posted In cameron , sheree , zoo 10 Comments »
We have been having some exceptionally nice weather the last few days so we decided to take advantage of it and take a trip to the zoo! I wish our zoo was more exciting...you really have to take your time at the Sacramento Zoo, otherwise you're in and out in twenty minutes. So we made sure to look at ALL of the animals!


Cameron on safari!

This hyena reminds me a lot of my dog.

Cam squinting on the hippo bench :)
The best exibit at our zoo...
GIRAFFES!

But first we had our lunch with the flamingos!

The leopards were being super cute and cuddly.

Cameron on safari!

This hyena reminds me a lot of my dog.

Cam squinting on the hippo bench :)
The best exibit at our zoo...GIRAFFES!

He was observing all of us human folk.
Cameron's favorite...the howler monkey's. These guys are hysterical.
Cameron kept talking about the "monkey's that sound like fire engines" after we left.

More leopards!

Kangaroo Cam!
Red Pandas!
Cameron's favorite...the howler monkey's. These guys are hysterical.Cameron kept talking about the "monkey's that sound like fire engines" after we left.

More leopards!

Kangaroo Cam!
Red Pandas!(except for the BIG boa...that guy was a little too big)
I think it will be a while before we go back to our zoo. We decided, we will take a trip to fairytale town next time...I think that will be more to Cameron's liking (and mine too!)
Hope everyone is having a great week. I started school this morning...more about that later!
;)








10 comments:
so why the heck are your children always immaculately dressed like out of a catalog? do they ever spill? run around in underwear? have food in their hair? I'm beginning to think you just have them pose with food! ;)
Sheree Holbrook domestic goddess- making the rest of us look bad!
oh - and i am sure laur will correct you on this if i don't I cant tell for certain from your pic, but i think that "howler monkey" is actually a gibbon. i have been there and they are quite loud. did it have a tail? if not its an ape (gibbon!)
jst a little useless trivia for the day.
x
Looks like a fun day! Wish I could say the weather was nice enough here for a day at the zoo. Since it was -18 last Friday it probably isn't going to happen.
I actually think a small zoo is more fun for young kids. We have passes to the San Diego Zoo and it is so big that one we never see more than a quarter of it and two it can overwhelm the kids.
I can't wait for you to go to Fairytale Town, so you can come back and blog about it. I was able to find a few pictures on the web and it looks pretty cute. Not that we are planning on going up North anytime soon, but if we ever do it would be nice to know of a cute/fun kids place.
ashley- yes those are gibbons! Is there such thing as howler monkey's? I think we just made that up, lol. Oh and YES! They spill constantly. I do a lot of laundry.
Jennifer- you are right about that. Too big can be overwhelming for sure. We need to find a happy medium. :)
That's sad that the Sacramento Zoo is so small. The San Diego Zoo is so huge!! We have passes so as soon as Gracie gets fussy we leave. But, if you ever get a chance you should go to the Wild Animal Park. Nathan and I spent a day there by ourselves and it was so awesome. We have also taken Gracie, but left after a couple of hours.
gretchen- I have heard the WAP is awesome! We are probably going next year...cam has never been to the san diego zoo ;)
Fun! We need to go to the zoo while the weather is still cool here! It gets way to hot in the summer.
CUTE!!! Looks like y'all had a GREAT time!! I Love all the giraffe pics!
We're supposed to have a nice day tomorrow and we're headed to the park! :)
Fun, fun, fun! I wanna go to the zoo now! :)
Post a Comment