The Pham's do Tahoe...kinda.
4:34 PM Posted In cameron , gabby , nguyen , sheree , tahoe 8 Comments »For this past Christmas, Nguyen got me a weekend trip to Northstar at Tahoe in one of their "newly renovated" condos. We have been so excited about it. They have made a lot of fun new additions and it looked amazing online. There was shopping, an ice skating rink, and lots of yummy places to eat.
We left on Friday afternoon after Nguyen left work and, unfortunately, we didn't get there until after dark. Cameron woke up just as we were pulling up to the resort and was ecstatic at the first sight of snow. We let him have at it right there in the parking lot. Of course, this was the "not fun" snow, but he didn't know any different, so we didn't tell him ;)
We left on Friday afternoon after Nguyen left work and, unfortunately, we didn't get there until after dark. Cameron woke up just as we were pulling up to the resort and was ecstatic at the first sight of snow. We let him have at it right there in the parking lot. Of course, this was the "not fun" snow, but he didn't know any different, so we didn't tell him ;)
Apparently he had been dreaming of "sliding" down the snow, so that he did!He certainly entertained Nguyen and I with his excitement. I wish I got that happy over muddy snow.
wee!!
First thing this morning, we all got up so we could enjoy the festivities that awaited us.First stop: Breakfast!
Cameron was ready to get breakfast over with so we could get on with our day.

After we filled our bellies, we set off to conquer our activities for the day. Unfortunately, EVERYTHING was closed. The shops weren't even open. The only thing that wasn't closed were the ski lifts, which of course, we were not about to get on.
So we walked around hoping the ice rink would open up and Cameron and I could perfect our triple axles. No such luck. It didn't open until 1pm.
Bummer.

How about some snow angels to pass the time.

After we walked around aimlessly for over an hour, we made the unanimous decision to pack up and go home. The lack of activities wasn't the only thing that swayed our decision, however... Nguyen was thouroughlly disappointed with our room. Not only that, but everytime we left our room and came back to change a diaper, grab a bottle, etc, we had to call maintenance or grab someone from housekeeping as they were walking by because our keys would NOT unlock our door. It was ridiculous. I think we spent more time waiting outside of our room for someone to let us in than we did actually enjoying Tahoe. It just wasn't fun for us.
Another little side note...the people staying at this resort were WEIRD. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we were walking around that first evening after everything had pretty much closed up, therefore leaving nothing but the night owls to give us our first impression, but the guests there were quite interesting. At one point Nguyen went to grab Gabby's strollers out of the car while Cameron, Gabby, and I waited in front of the elevator in our building. As we were standing there, an older couple got into an altercation and the man (who by the way was BELIGERENT) shoved his wife. Um...? She stormed off, away from the man as I stood there with my two small children wondering if I should spit on him or just bite my tongue. Just then, as he watched her walk away, he says to her "What are you, friggen RETARDED or somethin?!!!" That's when I decided to just go outside so my steam didn't fog up the lobby. Had Nguyen been there with me, something would have gone down. I totally could have taken him out myself, I know it.
Jerkface.
So yeah, anyway...we were ready to go home. But before we left, Cameron wanted to have a little snowball fight with Gabby. She was not impressed.
So yeah, anyway...we were ready to go home. But before we left, Cameron wanted to have a little snowball fight with Gabby. She was not impressed.

Ash- This is for you and this is as good as it gets! lol








8 comments:
What a shame. We love Tahoe. Yea for Cameron and the snow though.
What a BUMMER! Sorry it was a bust!
Well that totally stinks. :( Tahoe has a special place in my heart because we went there for our honeymoon. Hate it that your experience was not so fun.
At least Cam got to see some snow!
Ah man, what a bummer! Cam looks like he had a lot of fun, and in a few years, you will be totalling laughing about your first Phamily snow trip.
Anyway, you got some nice pics of your family!
I love your stories! That pic of you and the kids is too funny.
It looks like Cameron had a great time, sorry it wasn't too fun for you guys.
I hate that trip was a major letdown, but holy crap, it was worth it just for that cutie pie pic of Gabs!
Yikes, how horrible! I would of so went off on the man! My ex-husband was abusive and I always wished someone would of taken him on back when I was married to him. My ex would scream that same line out at his son. Course, I finally got someone to take him on, my current husband. Now that was fun to watch.
Sorry your weekend wasn't good.
Post a Comment