A VERY pleasant surprise

4:22 PM Posted In , , 12 Comments »
You may recall a while back where I was super excited because our regional center was going to pay for 50% of Gabby's formula. I had to jump through a ton of hoops, but eventually the formula made its' way to my doorstep and I was extremely grateful. Her doctor advised that she continue on this formula until she was one and then we would re-evauluate.
We were starting to run low since they provided for only half of what she would need until May. I was starting to think about stocking up on this stuff since it is so darn expensive. Then, this afternoon my doorbell rang.
To my pure delight, there were 3 cases waiting for me!
HOORAY!
I made a display for you all ;)







I am so so thankful for our regional center and all of the wonderful things they offer.
This is $750 worth of formula.
WOOHOO!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new year gift!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the liquid gold that Luke had to drink until he was 14 months old. Can't say I miss the stuff! I will say that it was great on his little tummy. Would do it all over again. I am glad that they helped pay you for it.

Kyla said...

We get over $200 worth of Pediasure dropped off at our house once a month and it feels like Christmas EVERY time!

Crittle said...

Wow, that's fantastic!

It's amazing to me how different one RC can be from another.

Cathy said...

OHHHHH...what a great New Year's blessing!!

Lily was on this special formula for 8 weeks due to a complication from her OHS. We calculated it to be almost $10 a day to feed her! Yikes!!! The worst part about it was that it made her spit up...ok...not really spit up...throw up...big time!!!

I'm glad that you got such a great surprise!

angiesarman said...

oh man, that is wonderful!

KirstenM said...

When Mady was born she had to be on nutrimagin. It was crazy expensive! And that was 6 1/2 years ago when Jourdan had a crappy job. I was so young and dumb I never thought to see about having it paid for! Wish we could reembersed for it now! :-)

Janna said...

Thats awesome! Yey!

Jenn said...

Wow! How fabulous is that?! I say a Happy New Year to that!

The Sanchez Family said...

Amazing! And so wonderful!

~aj~ said...

Totally sweet!

Julie said...

Phew! Our ped in NY prescribed this formula for Zoe when she had an allergic reaction to the regular stuff. BOY was it expensive. Lucky for us she could never stand the taste of it.