emotionally spent
9:25 PM Posted In emergency room , gabby , sick 6 Comments »
I have talked to several moms of children with Ds and a lot of them describe their feelings and emotions as "waves." Today, my wave crashed. I have been so happy and carefree about all of this, but I am just so sick of having sick babies, being sick myself, doctors visits, emergency room visits, urgent care visits, co-pays...ALL OF IT. I'm done. I just want us to be happy and healthy for a solid three months. That's all I ask.
Just got home from the emergency room. Gabby has had a cold for the past couple of days along with a slight fever. Suddenly today, the fever spiked really high and she was also vomiting. She was so miserable. She could hardly cry because she seemed to be so uncomfortable. The combination of the fever and the vomiting had me really paranoid about dehydration and the advice nurse agreed we should come in.
Can I just say that I bet hell is similar in design to the E.R.? No seriously...there is no place more disgusting and scary. Whatever virus gabby didn't have when we got there will probably show up in the next couple of days. I need a shower. So gross.
So anyway, I had given her tylenol about an hour and a half before we got there and when they took her temperature, she was at 102.7 so they dosed her up with some motrin which did the trick within about a half hour. She was suddenly the happy, vibrant girl I know and love.
The doctor finally came in to examine her and he was more concerned with her congestion but he said he didn't think it was anything too serious. Because she was so happy and smiley, he wasn't concerned about dehydration and at that point, I wasn't either.
Now we're home and I am getting ready to make the transfer from her carseat to her crib. I am hoping she will have a good night of sleep since last night wasn't so good. Send good vibes our way.
Night.
Just got home from the emergency room. Gabby has had a cold for the past couple of days along with a slight fever. Suddenly today, the fever spiked really high and she was also vomiting. She was so miserable. She could hardly cry because she seemed to be so uncomfortable. The combination of the fever and the vomiting had me really paranoid about dehydration and the advice nurse agreed we should come in.
Can I just say that I bet hell is similar in design to the E.R.? No seriously...there is no place more disgusting and scary. Whatever virus gabby didn't have when we got there will probably show up in the next couple of days. I need a shower. So gross.
So anyway, I had given her tylenol about an hour and a half before we got there and when they took her temperature, she was at 102.7 so they dosed her up with some motrin which did the trick within about a half hour. She was suddenly the happy, vibrant girl I know and love.
The doctor finally came in to examine her and he was more concerned with her congestion but he said he didn't think it was anything too serious. Because she was so happy and smiley, he wasn't concerned about dehydration and at that point, I wasn't either.
Now we're home and I am getting ready to make the transfer from her carseat to her crib. I am hoping she will have a good night of sleep since last night wasn't so good. Send good vibes our way.
Night.




6 comments:
I'm with you on this. We too are doing the sick thing....infection after infection....visit after visit to the doctor. I hear you. It's exhausting. Hang in there. You are not alone.
Man, I feel your pain. I never knew I could be happy about a kid making it through 3 little weeks of school without an absence! And as soon as I bragged about it on Facebook, today (her party day) she woke up definitely getting sick. ARG! I don't think we're ever going to get 3 healthy months at our house.
Hang in there. Did they tell you about the Tylenol/Motrin rotation every 4 hours, so the fever doesn't have a chance to rise again? That is a handy trick!
I am so sorry Sheree...sorry most of all for Gabby, but I know it is hard on ALL of you.
When we were having our rough January with one thing after another, another mom called me one evening and she obviously asked about the boys, but after getting that out of the way, she wanted to really talk about how I was doing. I had spent so much time worrying and praying about my sick boys that I didn't truly realize the toll it was taking on me. And boy was it...there is nothing worse than seeing your children suffer and not being able to do anything about it. It exhausts you physically, mentally and emotionally. It felt so good that night to have someone reach out to me in that way and to know how bad I was hurting.
So that said...I just want to give you the biggest hugs and tell you to just let it all out! It sucks. It's not fair. But I KNOW it will get better and I hope that time is soon!!!
xoxoxo
I'm so sorry to hear this. It must be so hard to see you little one in pain. I can't handle it, I start crying when Gracie is pain. I hope she gets better soon. Get some rest too.
Poor Gabs and poor you too. I'm sure it feels like this will go on forever, but I hear, I can't say from experience, but I hear it does get better and soon you'll be thinking I can't remember the last time my babies were sick.
So hang in there and while you are taking care of your babies, make sure you or someone else it taking care of you!
Love,
Aunt Nutty
I hope Gabby is doing much better now. Prayers to your family for health and wellness!
Post a Comment