Mystery Diagnosis and other stuff...

5:52 PM Posted In , , 14 Comments »
Today I visited one of my very favorite places; the doctor's office. (Note the sarcasm) I have had this weird red circular thing on my leg for what seems like forever and as I was getting a beatdown massage last week (how snobby am I?) my therapist asked what the heck this "spot" was. He encouraged me to get it checked out since I have had it for over three months. This lit a fire under me and so I called yesterday to book an appointment. To my surprise, they were able to get me in today. Here is a picture of my weirdness in case anyone cares...





So guess what it is? Anyone....? Yeah, my doctor doesn't know either which is a little concerning. She says the fact that I am not ill and I have had it for 3+ months tells her it's nothing serious, thank goodness. She just kept asking if I or anyone I know have visited any third world countries lately. Hmmmm... nope, don't think so! She snapped a couple of pics and sent me on my way, assuring me that she would have a dermatologist look the photos over. Hopefully I'll know in a few days what this nastiness is.

Okay...I am so sick of writing about ailments.

Here's something interesting...

This little dude was chillin' on my front porch looking all sorts of cuddly. I know birds freak a lot of people out, but I thought he was precious. And check out his ultra hip ankle bracelette!
At first, I could not figure out what kind of bird this was because he appeared to be so round and was obviously a pet. His coloring was that of a pigeon but it didn't register to me that people would actually have pigeons as pets.
After hanging out with him on my porch for a good half hour, I decided he was definitely hurt and needed me to rescue him like I do with any stray creature that happens to come my way
(and yes, this happens a lot...ask my husband.)
I was able to coax him into a dog kennel where he hung out for an hour while I put the babies to bed.


Sammy kept him company.






Cameron was sad to see "Margalo" go home but once he understood that "Margalo" was missing her mom and dad, he was able to say goodbye sans tears. I took the beautiful Margalo to the vet and they were able to identify her owner from her tag.
My husband thinks I am absolutely ridiculous and maybe I am but I couldn't let the poor guy/girl freeze on my porch! I felt good about my actions and I am sure Margalo appreciated it!

14 comments:

G-Ma said...

Yup, that is a weird looking spot on your leg. I am sure it is nothing!!!!

Aunt Nutty said...

I was thinking maybe it was ringworm, but if the doc doesn't know what it is, it's probably not ringworm. I would just get some Desenex and rub it on the spot. That's what you use for ringworm. It couldn't hurt, could it? Or maybe you got a nasty infection from a pedicure place!

Anonymous said...

could it be a pressure point....like do you sit with your legs crossed or do something that always puts pressure on that spot? it kind of looks like a callus.

leigh

Cathy said...

Glad you are getting that checked out...hmmmmm.

I think it's awesome that you rescued that bird! It reminds me of a dear friend of mine. She fed an injured raccoon until it was well enough to find food on its own. Of course I laughed at her when I overheard her explaining to her husband that he needed to warm up the refridgerated cat food before giving it to the raccoon. i mean come on...they eat out of gargabe cans...lol.

Take care!

Kyla said...

My parents used to call me Dr. Doolittle because I was always adopting strays. That's how we got our cat actually! Glad your birdy has a home, though.

~aj~ said...

Aww, I think you are the sweetest, Sheree! Margalo is one interesting and pretty lil bird...did you ever find out exactly what kind it is?

I'm eager to hear about your spot.

sheree said...

AJ- It was indeed, a pigeon!

Virginia said...

I want to know your secret to coaxing a pigeon! When I was little I wanted a pet bird so I would go out with my brothers with a slingshot...I never got my bird.

Third world countries...so reassuring.

Crittle said...

I had a spot kinda like that once. I can't recall what they ended up saying it was. I got it right before my wedding and it was (MIL) stress-induced.

Awwww re: Margalo! Did you get to learn anything about the owners? Are they close by? How long was she missing?

Janna said...

Very strange spot. Hopefully the doc figures it out quick.

Its so sweet of you to save that little birdy!

sheree said...

chrystal, Nope...they just kind of took Margalo and were all "okay, thanks!" So ??? They seemed confident that they would be able to locate her owners! I hope they did!

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Dude I'm in suspense about the spot! What is it?!

sheree said...

lol...I need to go update!

Darla said...

Firstly, I am not a doctor.

It looks like it could be erythema marginatum.

http://arthritis-symptom.com/medical-pictures/erythema-marginatum-pictue.htm

There are many causes of this problem. Sometimes it's auto-immune, sometimes due to undiagnosed infection (strep, of which there are many varieties), it can even be a reaction to medicines or other toxins.

You seem otherwise healthy. There is no such thing as any disease that can't be reversed!