updates!

2:27 PM 4 Comments »
Alrighty, so the mystery spot....is still a mystery! A nurse from my doctor's office called and said the dermatology department believes my rash to be "benign" and so not to worry. She did call in a prescription ointment and advised me to take 1000mg of Vitamin C per day. I sent her an email asking about the Vitamin C and what the thought process was behind that and haven't heard back yet.

Other than that, nothing terribly exciting is going on with us. Cameron is still enduring the "mommy would like to sleep in her own bed ALONE" bootcamp and it's going terribly okay. The past two nights he has made it until about 4am in his bed on the floor and then gives up and says

"I just have a stuffy nose...I'll try again tomorrow night."

What a sweet little dude, but seriously, I want my bed back!


It also seems that my son has unfortunately inherited my allergies. Along with those wretched allergies comes the bloody noses. They make him ANGRY.


Today I picked him up from school and he started getting all emotional on me before we even got out of the classroom. I asked him what was up and he just kept telling me he was "sad" as he tried to fight off the tears.

Later in the car, he was still being super-sensitive and was rubbing on his ears and I immediately thought "great! An ear infection!" but as I prodded for answers he said "my friend gave me a headache in my ear because he was screaming."

I am still not sure if that's the real story or not. He seems to be doing better but is a little sluggish and not his normal spunky self. Time will tell.

Being four seems like a really tough job.

Gabby is doing fan-freaking-tastic. She is still not sitting up yet which is making me really anxious but she is really close, so I guess I can chill out a bit. She is, however, getting up on all fours which I am just ECSTATIC about! She is so determined and has given me a glimpse into what it will be like with a baby on the move. I can tell she is going to be

in.to.everything!!

You know what though, I am ready for that phase! Bring it on!

Hopefully I can get video of her doing her new hands and knees trick. Everytime I pull out the camera she doesn't want to perform. What a stinker.

That's about it from us. The weather this weekend is supposed to be amazing. EIGHTY degrees. I am so excited! But you know what comes along with hot weather in our parts...snakes. We had a warm-ish day last week and as a result, we have a nice little smashed garden snake in our driveway. Puke.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Kyla said...

That's awesome! KayTar was like 18 months before she was on all fours!

The McNicol Clan said...

Alyssa is into everything and its so crazy! Right now, we just put her in her walker and she zooms around... but when I let her crawl around.. that is a whole different story... get ready for it! and GROSS about the snakes. I hope we don't get any in our neck of the woods. Why do you guys get so many?

Anonymous said...

Yep, as a fellow mom of a four year old, being four does seem like a really tough job - that was well-said. :)

And Go Gabby Go!!!

Virginia said...

Thanks for the comment Sheree!