08/31/09
3:43 PM Posted In birthday , cameron , dentist , gabby , nguyen 6 Comments »(the following was an attempt of a cute brother/sister kissy picture)
.



Just some updates from the Phamily...
.
The hubs said goodbye to his twenties and HELLO to his thirties on Friday. I kept giving him a hard time but he remained optimistic throughout the day. He did, however, keep reminding me that I only have a little over three years until I myself become a real grown-up. I don't even want to think about any of that!
.

.
The kids are doing fantastic. Cameron has officially started his last year of preschool and is so proud to finally be in the "big kid" class. I thought he might have a hard time at first, adjusting to new teachers and a bigger class, but it hasn't phased him in the least.
.

.
Last Wednesday we went in to get those pesky cavities filled. To say I was dreading this appointment would be an understatement. We attempted this a few weeks back and it was a miserable mess of a day. Cameron's crying was enough to scare the technicians into having us reschedule for an earlier appointment. I wasn't convinced that would change his attitude about things, but alas, they know what they're doing over there at the pediatric dental office and my boy was nothing but calm, cool, and collected in the waiting room.
.

.
He got one of the three cavities filled but the dentist was so impressed with Cam's good behavior that he said we'd be able to finish up those last two fillings in one visit. So next week we'll go back and say goodbye to the last of those nasty sugar bugs!
.
Gabby is doing amazing. She is crawling EVERYWHERE.
.

That whole "losing milestones" business was just not true for her. She is excelling in everything and I cannot wait to see what she does when she is fully healed and we can begin working with her more on standing/walking. She is so eager.
.
.Her bandages fell off sometime last week and her scar looks wonderful. She does have a bulge in her chest now where the breast bone was broken (there is a fancy term for this...forgive me for not remembering what that term is.) Her doctor says this "bump" is completely normal and in a couple of years we can "discuss" options for plastic surgery. Eh...I'm thinking not. I could care less about a little bumpity bump.
.

.
We have started back up with physical therapy even though we can't do certain things with Gab's that we were previously able to do (like picking her up under her arms) but we'll be able to start doing all of that again in just a couple of weeks. She is *thisclose* to being able to pull up to a stand all on her own so that's what we're working on. That and cruising along the couch and table. She loves it and I am sure this will be something she will master quite quickly.
.

.
The sleeping issues have pretty much resolved, thank goodness! She now wakes up about once per night and it's usually before I am in dreamland so it's not so bad. She's easy to get back down, so I'm not complaining. Just two weeks ago I didn't think I would ever get my good sleeper back. I'm so glad that wasn't the case.
.
I think that's about all of the updates I have for now. I think we'll be receiving that very special T21 Traveling Afghan tomorrow so be on the lookout for a post about that in the very near future!




6 comments:
Yay for happy babies! glad to hear all is good with Gabby! my boys would have freaked out about the cativitys!
I know what you mean about 30... Jourdan is very close and I keep teasing him... until I turned 26 that is very close to 30. Really am I getting that old. (i know it is not old) But I still feel 16 just with a bunch of kids:).
I can't WAIT for 30. I'm really hoping that by then my age and life match up a bit better. I get some CRAZY looks when I say I've got two kids and have been married for 8 years...and I'm 26. LOL.
So glad Gabby is doing so well. That is AWESOME!
She looks amazing! and cute as ever! So glad she is doing so well!
Your kids are seriously the cutest I've ever seen (Grace aside...)! I'm so glad things are going so well!
I'm so happy things are getting better around your house. Gabby looks amazingly precious as usual. Working on standing! Awesoome, go Gabby!
Post a Comment