Internet Burnout!!

2:24 PM 7 Comments »
That's my excuse for not blogging in FOREVER! Well, that and the fact that Nguyen got me an iphone for Christmas and I haven't sat down at my laptop for more than three minutes since. Seriously, the iPhone is amazing.

It has been weighing heavily on my mind that I haven't really posted anything of great importance in a while, nor have I been reading the blogs out there I know and love so forgive me...not sure what that's all about but I hope to get better about it soon.

A lot has been going on around here in the Pham house. For one, Cameron started basketball last week and is absolutely loving it. Nguyen and I were slightly apprehensive being that we signed him up last year and he couldn't handle being 5 feet away from us on the court. This year was MUCH better and he is doing great! I love basketball days because he works HARD and passes out early. He's got plenty of energy to burn so at least this is helping in that department.

Also exciting is the fact that I start school again next week. I'll be taking two classes- a community first aid course (this is mostly so I can get red cross CPR certified) and an online math class. It will be nice to get back into the swing of school life...I'm READY!

Gabby is doing fabulous in pretty much every aspect of her development. She is cruising anywhere and everywhere and also learning to stand indpendently. It won't be long before she is walking and running around all over the place. I can't wait! She is doing well in all of her therapies. She is doing great with sign language and is picking up new signs easily these days. Currently she is signing for:

More
Milk
Eat
All done
Dog
Play
Horse
Mommy
No!
Baby

and we're in the process of learning "cracker" and "drink."

We're doing more in the way of therapy than ever before and she is definitely excelling, even if mommy is running around like a lunatic trying to find more hours in the day top get everything done.

One of my biggest concerns with Gabby has been her lack of chewing. She LOVES to eat, but doesn't love to take the time to chew her food which makes feeding time a little scary. Mostly, I tend to thrown everything in the food processor so that it is tiny enough so that she can swallow it, but I have come to realize that this is only delaying her even more. Today we had speech therapy and Gabby showed us that she CAN chew and actually enjoys it when given the oppurtunity. I was so relieved. With that being said, Gabby has a new favorite snack- cheetos!

Nguyen has been working hard (as always) but has recently been able to enjoy some really fun guy time. He got courtside tickets to the Sacramento/Denver game last week and got to sit right next to some of his favorite WEC fighters AND was on TV! One of the fighters even asked him to take a picture for him, haha. He was so excited. A couple days later, we had the chance to go on a date night- something we haven't done in quite a while! We went to the WEC fight at Arco Arena and eventually got a call from some other friends who were also at the fight. They ended up having two extra tickets right on the floor...we could practically see the beads of sweat on the fighters foreheads! It was SOO fun! (Who would have ever thought I would be so pumped up about mixed martial arts?!)

That's pretty much what's been happening around here. I wish I had pictures to share but I don't. Gosh, that is so out of character! I need to get with it!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! More soon!

7 comments:

Kyla said...

Back in school! That's great.

Hearing about Gabby's signing made me all nostalgic for my wittle KayTar baby.

Monica Crumley said...

Haven't seen you in a while, so I'm glad all's well. I love my iphone, too, but I think facebook is really what's taking my blogging energy. I need to get back into the habit of posting. I love all of Gabby's signs. That's awesome. Cracker is hard, I think, but cute to watch. Cheetos? JM likes Pirate Booty and cheddar rice cakes and (dare I say it) Fruit Loops (which I bought for emphasizing color!)

Annesphamily said...

I have an Eris phone and still figuring it out! LOL!

I love hearing about the kiddos and how they are doing. It has always been my favorite thing with all my girlfriends and even though are kids are teens and older it is stil fun catching up.

Have a happy happy 2010!

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Happy New Year. Great to hear that all is well and that you are keeping busy. Love that Gabby can do all of those signs. Your new phone sounds fun.

~aj~ said...

I've missed you, Sheree!

I'm so glad everyone is doing well in your family. I can just picture Gabby with her little Cheetos face and hands. :) And Cam playing basketball...so fun! Matt is just living for the day that Adam is on a basketball team. Heck, we're going to be on our way to having a team of our own with 3 boys! lol

Gretchen said...

I'm starting school on the 25th, This is my first time doing online classes, I'm a little nervous, but I think it'll turn out to be pretty convenient.Is the this your first online class?

sheree said...

Gretchen- I took a hybrid math class a few semesters ago where it was an hour of lecture twice a week and then everything else was done online so...sorta?

I'm nervous about this one though because this math will be much less of a review and more NEW info. We'll see.