Spread the word to END the word!

4:15 PM Posted In 4 Comments »





BOOOOYAH!

4 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Bravo for you to mention this~! As a child we were not allowed to use such horrible words~! I went to school with a boy who was a bit slow and my told me that his parents were first cousins so they the children, except for one girl, were all slow learners and one girl who passed away from Toxic Shock Syndrome were just a bit slow and had difficulty expressing themselves.Richard was and still is a very bright man, he just had great difficulty expressing himself. He married a very smart girl we went to school with and their son attends The Colorado School of Mines. This is a school for the very highly intelligent! I hate political correctness and all the garbage that goes with it! We have a president who thinks he is so high and mighty that himself or any of his family who be immune to becoming mentally disabled. I have been a champion for the Right To Life my entire life and I get so angry with the ignorance of people who otherwise portray themselves as intelligent individuals. It is because they have no soul that they can not see the beauty in the eyes of a child such as your beautiful Gabby! I once had a young man tell me I was the most beautiful lady he knew! He was one of our patients and he had Down's! I think perhaps his eyesight was dim but it touched my heart and I knew he was paying me a true compliment not just something people say to make themselves feel good. You really don't want to see me up on my soap box! People can't get me off of it! But because I see cruel actions from so called "smart" people, I can not be quiet. I can not allow anyone to insult the beauty of one of God's most unique and precious children! I have always reminded my own children to look to Helen Keller as a classical example of one of God's finest masterpieces! Thank you for sharing with me today.

Anonymous said...

Admittedly, D still says it occasionally and it pains me to hear it. He is getting better and knows its not ok but where he grew up it was ok to say those things along with other words with hateful connotations, just for fun.
And BTW Rob Johnson is on our news and I have always liked him, now I do even more :)

Lisa said...

So glad you posted this!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for Rob Johnson!!!

I always get teary when I see someone out there advocate and rail against the use of the r-word! It's NOT okay no matter how you think you're using it.

Great video!