The sun is shining!

9:00 AM 13 Comments »
I hate winter you guys...seriously, I hate it! Once Christmas is over with, I'm like "bring on July!" So for the past couple of days the sun has been shining and the sky has been so blue. I'm loving it and so are the kids! We picked up Cam from school today and decided a trip to the park was in order. There was a new park near our house I had my eye on so we decided to check it out. I am so glad we did because it is super fun and in the summer time, aka "my favorite time of year," they have fountains spouting off everywhere so the kids can cool off. I cannot WAIT for that!
.
Gabby took her first swing ride (I think it was her first?) and she decided swings are pretty awesome in small doses. After about a minute she was signing "all done" but it didn't stop her from wanting to take another five rides later on after she explored a bit...

.
Cameron was all over the place. He gets a bit nervous in big parks like this, especially when there are other kids around. When we were getting out of the car to go play he said to me, "but there are kids here." I reassured him that no one was going to push him or boss him around (which is what he was most worried about...my timid guy) :(
.
He got pretty comfortable with the place after a few minutes and was running around like a mad man!
.
I set Gabby down to see where she would take off to first. She just kinda sat around smiling. She was just happy to be outside!
.



.
I tried to get Cameron to climb this spider web thing but this is about as high as he would go. I guess he takes after mom and dad and their fear of heights. Darn.
.

.
At one point Cameron was standing around playing with two plastic army men he found in the bark. I told him he better go play since we were at a park and all and he said to me, "but what should I do?"
.

Really?
.
Gabby attempted some stairs but didn't get too far.

But still thought it was pretty cool!


Weeee!



The rescued Army men!

Gabby was content for a good twenty minutes just playing with the bark. I am happy to report that not a single piece went into her mouth.
She was none too pleased when I attempted to speak to her whilst she played.
EXCUSE me for living!!









Once I saw that Cameron was way to enthralled with his plastic army dudes, we packed up and headed home. It was so refreshing to get outside today. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can go back later this week!



13 comments:

Holly Suni said...

These pictures are adorable!!!! I love the pictures of army men and Gabby with the bark!

Jessica said...

How fun! Great pictures - you really captured your kids personalities.

Kim said...

No sun here. Looks like a lot of fun!

KOPE FAMILY BLOG said...

you need to tell me the name of this park so I can take my girls this summer on one of our trips to slough house. I think you said you live out that way, and kimber loves the water spouts. Oh, I saw your family's pictures on the enchanted blog. they turned out beautiful! mandycapri83@yahoo.com

~aj~ said...

I'm so happy to get a dose of your precious kiddos...I've missed their sweet faces!

And how fun that you have such an awesome park near your house...especially the sprinklers in the summer. Jealous!

kangfamily said...

Sounds like a fun time. I am so ready for summer too! The pics are adorable...you have some cute kids!!

Annesphamily said...

I love these pics! That park is pretty awesome and your kids look so comfortable in their play element! That Gabby is a real cupcake cutie! Your sweet son is going to be a heart breaker!

Kyla said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Monica Crumley said...

What a fun-looking park. Sounds like a good place for all of us to meet in the springtime. Cameron cracks me up... looks like he eventually found something fun to do. Greta would be all over that place and I'd be prying her fingers off to get her back in the car. Gabby looks adorable as usual!

Kele said...

Great Pics! I am right there with ya! I will be very happy when spring/summer arrives!
Love the new blog look and so glad you posted so many pics of Gabby... I can look at her beatuy all day!!

Lisa said...

Can't wait for a playdate there!

Queenb said...

aww, how fun! Gabby makes me laugh, especially when she got mad at you for talking to her!!!

Crittle said...

I totally need Gabby's shirt...in my size. ;-)