4:04 PM Posted In , , 3 Comments »
I apologize for my SERIOUS lack in blogging activity. We've been insanely busy and at the end of the day, I want nothing more than to shower and and go to bed. Hopefully I can get back on the bandwagon soon!

Many things have been going on. The most exciting news I have to report is that the crab feed and silent auction to help bring home sweet Sofia raised $19,889.19 !!! Can you believe it? It was such a fun and amazing night. Check out details and photos from the night over at Lisa's blog here! Sofia will be home VERY soon. I cannot wait to get my hands on her...she is already so loved. Our little Ds family here in Sacramento is unbelievable you guys. AMAZING!

The crab feed was last Friday night and my good friend Chrystal was staying with me (lucky for me!) and got to help me the next morning with preparing for Cameron's fifth birthday party. As always, I was a total anxious mess trying to get everything ready but I had plenty of help from Nguyen, Chrystal, my aunts, and my mom. I hope you're not too scarred, C! :)

The weather was perfect. We had a bounce house, crafts, a pinata, lots and lots of food, and FUN! It was another successful event!


Glue, sparkly/shiny things, markers, and feathers to stick on stuff. They loved it!


The bounce house was by far the biggest hit of the party. It arrived at our house at 9am and they didn't come to take it down until after 8pm so we (the adults) had plenty of time to bounce and be total and complete goofballs.






Meet "Swimmy" or if you ask Cameron, "Schwimmy." Our neighbor/friends brought this for Cameron and he was thrilled! It was hard to peel him away from the fish so that he could continue to entertain and play with his guests, but eventually I was successful and he returned to chat with Swimmy after everyone left.

My aunt was trying to get a picture with both Cameron and his new friend so she told him "stand closer to Swimmy...I want to get your face next to him in the picture."
You get what you ask for with this guy...



So the first three days with Swimmy were really exciting. By day four, Cameron seemed to have lost interest in his new friend which I am actually thankful for because...Swimmy died. I have no idea why. I have been taking EXCELLENT care of him but I guess it was just his time. I have been meaning to head over to the pet store in search of a Swimmy look-a-like but have been procrastinating and since Cameron hasn't even mentioned him in five days, I thought I was safe.

Unfortunately, I attempted to flush Swimmy by pouring the water into the toilet bowl. I thought I could be successful in dumping the fish and water without dumping all of the rocks as well but I proved myself wrong. All of the rocks started to fall out and I had no net to retrieve the dead fish so I stopped my plan all together. Later that day, Cameron was quick to notice Swimmy's bowl had a very small amount of water and that Swimmy seemed to be dead laying down on the rocks. Panic started to rise and Nguyen was quick to inform Cam that Swimmy was "just chillin" and the color returned to Cameron's face. I really need to get over to the pet store. Swimmy is still chillin.

What else...

We finally booked our Disney vacation and Nguyen and I are SO excited. I am 100% sure that we enjoy Disneyland more than the kids! We're going in May and my mom is coming with us this trip. I know it's going to be a blast and I can't wait!

Before our trip I have to finish up my Community First Aid and CPR course I started last week. I have been wanting to get CPR certified for FOREVER and I am finally doing it. Yesterday we got to practice on the dummies and it was pretty exciting. It feels like a huge weight off my shoulders to finally know that I can do something if, God forbid, anything every happened with Gabby or anyone else, for that matter! As many of you know, my main concern with her is choking (since she thinks chewing is a waste of time) and next week we will be addressing that exact issue. Hopefully I can stop calling 911 and feel more prepared if/when she ever decides to scare me again.

I think that's all for now. Gabby has her annual Audiology appointment tomorrow and then her IFSP on monday so hopefully I'll have some GOOD news to report!

3 comments:

Crittle said...

I just CACKLED at my desk after reading about Swimmy chillin'. OMG! Tooo funny!

And scarred? Never.

Lisa said...

I love that NOBODY is near Cam as he tries to hit the pinata :)

~aj~ said...

Whew, what an update!

I just love that Nguyen says Swimmy is just chillin. How hilarious is that?! And Cameron's face next to his little friend? PRECIOUS!!!