big HUGE sigh of relief!

3:28 PM 9 Comments »
Most of you already know this thanks to facebook and the lovely world of text messaging but for those of you still wondering...Gabby is HEALTHY! I have never been more thankful and grateful for mine and my family's health ever before.
.
.
I was hoping for an email or a phone call sometime on Tuesday but that never happened so I went to bed Tuesday night with the intention of calling the hematologist on Wednesday afternoon. I was lying in bed on Wednesday morning after having a terrible dream that Gabby DID have Leukemia when suddenly, the phone rang. I knew it was probably the doctor because no one usually calls me that early.
.
I immediately saw "Kaiser Permanente" on the caller I.D. and my stomach filled with butterflies. The doctor told me she wanted to call and "give me the good news that there were no blasts found in Gabby's marrow and that she did NOT have Leukemia." I was SO relieved and I am sure she could feel me smiling through the phone. She went on to inform me that although they were still performing the biopsy, she could confidently tell me that there were no signs of Leukemia or Aplastic anemia. It was by far the best phone call I have ever received.

.
This raises the question of WHY Gabby's white blood cells/neutrophils got so low. The doctor said it was just a "Transient" (something that goes away on its own) case of neutropenia. Her WBC's are all within normal range now. This was simply the absolute BEST case scenario and again, I am so overjoyed and grateful.

.
Wednesday morning we celebrated. I could officially take Gabby out in public again. She could eat fresh fruits and vegetables again and we did! Gabby was probably wondering why everything she was eating was out of a can these days ;)
.
EVERYTHING is perfect and we are so SO happy. I have never been more scared and I am just so thankful to have this beautiful, happy and healthy person in my life!
.

9 comments:

The Sanchez Family said...

Beautiful! LOVE that last picture or her! SOOOO gorgeous!

Heather said...

Wonderful,wonderful news!Soak in the beauty of the perfectness.

Julie said...

Yea, that was really scary. Whew! So so happy that she is perfectly healthy.

Tina said...

Huge sigh of relief this side too, we have just too much bad news in this blog world lately and I couldn't even think of another child having to go through what so many of our beautiful children are having to right now.

Just enjoy and celebrate this wonderful news in whatever way you can, enjoy Gaby to the fullest. Life is perfect!

Kele said...

PRAISE GOD! Such wonderful news!
And seriously, can that little love be any cuter?!?!?!?!

Stephanie said...

WOO HOO!!!! so HAPPY everything is A-OK!!!! Thank God!

Kyla said...

YAY!!! :) Such great news!

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Yeah. That is some GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you all.

Aunt Nutty said...

So happy the princess is fine. Love the pictures of your two beautiful babies!