Kindergarten Cam!!
8:00 AM 8 Comments »Sounds like a pretty cool super-hero name, doesn't it?
.
Well, I can't believe it's really true...that the day has finally come. My baby boy is officially a BIG boy and has left his adoring mom and baby sister to tackle the everyday joys and struggles that come along with being a Kindergartner.
.
It's now been two full weeks that Cam has been in school but this month has been BONKERS so I'm just now getting around to getting this posted. And, the fact that a lot of my readers have already seen most of these photos on facebook added to my procrastination as well. Enough of the excuses though...look at my handsome guy!
.
Giving mom the ole' thumbs up in the car on the way to school:
We got there about a half an hour early because we weren't sure how crazy it was going to be with all of the blubbering moms, picture-taking, and room-finding business. Turns out, we didn't need to get there that early, but it was fine because we got to spend time with our little Bubs, roaming around campus with excitement and anticipation!
Nguyen was the camera man...we have LOTS of iPhone videos but I'm too lazy to upload those.Here's my dude in front of his classroom!
And sitting on the little bench that *I* sit on every afternoon while I wait for him to be released from class. He's such a handsome boy, isn't he?!
While we were sitting on that there bench, his classroom door opened, and his teacher propped it open. He was so excited! It was time to go in!
(I love this picture...you can see the little bit of nervousness he had as he walked in)We got inside of the classroom and Cam was overwhelmed...but in a good way! The room is decorated so cute. Nguyen and I were even saying we wanted to stay because it looked so pleasant and fun!
He hung up his backpack on the hook and we quickly realized we had no snack to put on the "snack shelf." I was panicked and asked the teacher and she was like "Yeah, didn't you get the postcard I sent?" I did get a postcard but it mentioned nothing in regards to a snack. It was okay though...she had extra snacks for the loser parents like myself.
Awwww!
Eventually, the clock struck 8:00am and all of the children were called to "circle time."And the teacher said "Okay kids...tell your mommy and daddy you'll see them in a little while." Just then, Cameron blew me a kiss and I shed one tiny tear behind my camera (no one saw)!
And I have to mention...Already (in two weeks) Gabby has made countless new adult friends just by sitting on the blue bench waiting for Bubs to get out of school. I wish I could have some of that charm...She is POPULAR!
And just like that, it was done. Nguyen and I went home and went on with our day. In a way it really wasn't much different than what we're used to because Cam had been going to preschool. The only difference is that he is now gone 5 days a week whereas before, it was only 3.
.
I thought about Cameron for the entire three hours and twenty minutes that he was away from me. I couldn't wait to hear all about his first day.
.
Finally it was time to go pick him up and this time I had my trusty sidekick.
.
And I have to mention...Already (in two weeks) Gabby has made countless new adult friends just by sitting on the blue bench waiting for Bubs to get out of school. I wish I could have some of that charm...She is POPULAR!Ding! School's out...time to line up!









8 comments:
YEAH! Awesome day! I loooove it! He is SO adorable!
Way to go Cam!!! Such a handsome boy!
I'm SO glad he had a great first day! When he's happy, mom is happy. Am I right?!? :)
Aww WTG little guy!
He's such a cute guy!! Glad it is going well.
KayTar and Gabby must have the same sort of magnetism!
OMG! This is so sweet! I dont know how you held it together so well. Im almost crying just reading it! What handsome boy you have!! And precious daughter!
Melts my heart too! You can just tell he's thrilled about school. I love that!
gosh, he is just so stinkin' CUTE i could squeeze those cheeks! what a great photojournal of the day! they grow up so fast,dont they?
Post a Comment