Backpedaling.
11:35 AM 4 Comments »
I'm pretty sure I've never been M.I.A. for this long. But I promise I have good excuses!! You all can thank my dad for getting on my case about not updating the blog. I guess there are some people out there that care about our daily shenanigans ;)
.
Anyway, we've been busy, and not busy yet still tied down, and sick, and tired and all of that good stuff. And during this time I've realized that I have not taken a whole lot of pictures (pretty much none in September) so I'll have to share what I have left from August.

All of these photos were from a quick overnight trip we took to Monterey. My kids were looking especially adorable if I do say so myself!


Gabby has been doing well for the most part despite a quick bout with Pneumonia. I've heard horror stories regarding kiddos with Ds developing Pneumonia and I am so grateful that it was as short-lived as it was. She spiked a nasty fever that recorded up to 105.3 (Holy crap!) and we high-tailed it over to Nguyen's brother-in-laws house to avoid an E.R. visit. While he didn't hear anything weird going on in those lungs of hers, he still advised us to go to the doctor in the morning so that we did! 
Cam-man has been doing great as well! He is still loving school and was even chosen as student of the month last week! I'll post more on that this week, I promise! He's really come out of his shell socially which makes me so, so happy. He has many friends and has already been to a birthday party! He's got two field trips coming up- one to the firestation and one to the pumpkin patch. He is ecstatic at the thought of riding the bus. I'm sure that will be the higlight of the field trip!

Nguyen and I are staying busy. I enrolled in two online courses for this semester but ended up dropping one because once Gabby got sick and was literally attached to me 24/7 for a good 2 weeks, I fell behind and couldn't catch up with both. So I dropped the easier class and focused what little time and energy I had on MATH. I am still catching up and you can pretty much guarantee that around midnight, I'm sitting in front of my computer factoring and graphing polynomials. Good stuff.
How cute is this?!

.
Anyway, we've been busy, and not busy yet still tied down, and sick, and tired and all of that good stuff. And during this time I've realized that I have not taken a whole lot of pictures (pretty much none in September) so I'll have to share what I have left from August.

All of these photos were from a quick overnight trip we took to Monterey. My kids were looking especially adorable if I do say so myself!


And while I share their extreme cuteness with you all, I'll give you a little run-down on the happenings in the Pham house.
Gabby has been doing well for the most part despite a quick bout with Pneumonia. I've heard horror stories regarding kiddos with Ds developing Pneumonia and I am so grateful that it was as short-lived as it was. She spiked a nasty fever that recorded up to 105.3 (Holy crap!) and we high-tailed it over to Nguyen's brother-in-laws house to avoid an E.R. visit. While he didn't hear anything weird going on in those lungs of hers, he still advised us to go to the doctor in the morning so that we did! .
Gabby's primary pediatrician also didn't really hear anything in her lungs but since the fever was so high and nothing else was obvious, she sent her in for a chest x-ray. By the time we made our way back up to the third floor after leaving radiology, her doctor was all "Yeah, so she has pneumonia." Ugh. Immediately I thought this was going to turn into a hospital stay but lucky for us, we caught it early and were sent home with some strong antibiotics and that was that!
.
She is feeling much better and I am so happy to see my happy-go-lucky baby back in action. It really wiped her out and broke my heart in the process.

Cam-man has been doing great as well! He is still loving school and was even chosen as student of the month last week! I'll post more on that this week, I promise! He's really come out of his shell socially which makes me so, so happy. He has many friends and has already been to a birthday party! He's got two field trips coming up- one to the firestation and one to the pumpkin patch. He is ecstatic at the thought of riding the bus. I'm sure that will be the higlight of the field trip!

Nguyen and I are staying busy. I enrolled in two online courses for this semester but ended up dropping one because once Gabby got sick and was literally attached to me 24/7 for a good 2 weeks, I fell behind and couldn't catch up with both. So I dropped the easier class and focused what little time and energy I had on MATH. I am still catching up and you can pretty much guarantee that around midnight, I'm sitting in front of my computer factoring and graphing polynomials. Good stuff.
How cute is this?!
We're gearing up for fall around here. Cameron and Nguyen spent a good chunk of time yesterday putting up Halloween decor. They got quite a bit done but the festivities were brought to a sudden halt when I spied a snake slithering around in our grass. That was it for Nguyen. Game over. He went inside and said he'd come out when the weather had changed and those little nasties were good and gone!
It's DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS month!
The 2010 "Step Up for Down Syndrome" walk is scheduled for October 17th and we're recruiting team members daily. We had an insanely good time last year and are super stoked about this year. A big thank you to all that have joined our team and/or donated! We couldn't do it without you guys and we love you! It's still not too late to do either of those things and we would love to have your support! Contact me for more info!











4 comments:
I guess you aren't doing the daily blogging for the 31 for 21 thing this year, eh? LOL!
Glad to "see" you here again. Seriously, girl, you should post more often. I'm drowning in coursework, but there's always time for it now and then. ;) Also, it is a PERFECT break from graphing polynomials. LOL!
Glad to see you back. I'm miss seeing pictures of your adorable babies. Cant' wait to see them. Looking forward to Step Up for Down Syndrome walk!
See you soon!
Love to all.
Aww! What a great update and I love all the pics. The one of someone I know especially well just cracked me up.
I've missed you! xoxo
Post a Comment