Fabulous!

9:43 PM 13 Comments »
We had our check up with Gabby's cardiologist today and it went really well. I was super nervous because I knew it was going to be a longish appointment and I had to go alone, with both kids. Not to mention, we had to go to the hospital where MAJOR construction is going on and parking is non existent. Thank GOODNESS for valet.

I was so proud when we got there that I was NOT late. It seems like anytime I have to be somewhere at a certain time anymore, I am ALWAYS late. I hate being late...It makes me anxious and crazy.


They hooked my baby up to a bunch of wires to do an EKG but she was totally fine with it. It looked kinda scary but it was quick and painless. After the EKG we headed over to do an ECHO. This was the part I was nervous about because I knew it was going to take an hour or more. I wasn't sure how Cameron was going to hold up during this, not to mention a squirmy, hungry baby. Our tech was SO sweet. She even had an impressive collection of dvd's for cam to pick from so he could watch a movie while she monitored Gabby. He picked Thomas... surprise surprise :)

We all got comfy in our little room...I even kicked my shoes off, haha. Gabby took a bottle while the tech did the ultrasound. About ten minutes into it, the princess fell asleep which made everything very easy. The tech and I chatted the whole time. She was enthralled with the fact that my best friend lives in England. She apparently loves all things British, so she had a bajillion stories for me! She was very sweet.

Dr. Riverra came in shortly after the ECHO to let me know how everything looked. His first words were "Gabby's heart looks WONDERFUL!" YAY YAY YAY!!! She still has a hole that will require surgery eventually, but the good news is that the hole is not making the right side of her heart big. (Sometimes when there are holes in the heart, one side of the heart has to work overtime. The heart is a muscle so when that muscle gets overworked, it get's bigger) Since her heart wasn't enlarged, everything is going well and there is no need for surgery just yet. Dr. Riverra likes to wait on surgery until at least six months, so we're looking really good as of now. I am so glad everything is going well... huge sigh of relief. PHEW.

That was it...we don't have to see the cardiologist for another THREE months unless there is cause for concern. We love Dr. Riverra, but NOT seeing him for a while is cool with me. :)
So that's the latest update. She is healthy (OH YEAH...she gained weight! She is on track again!) and happy, and just as beautiful as can be!

She got her first tutu today. Every princess should have one. It's actually WAY too big, but I had to get it now because it was just too cute! She loves it! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy things are going so fab!

And I love the tutu - its too too cute! :)

I love the pictures of your beautiful family and miss you guys so much!

Love you!
x

ps. i want to hear more about you dr. being obsessed with england, that is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Gabby is gorgeous. I remember you all from the Feb 05 boards (my Feb 05 girl is Lainey).

Wanted to let you know about a stroller we have that has made being out with my two kids alone SO MUCH easier - it's the Joovy Caboose sit and stand stroller. My one year old sits in the front and my 3.5 year old stands or sits in back and it's been wonderful. Also, when my 1 year old was younger, we could put his carseat carrier in the front facing us and it straps in. You may have a stroller solution you love, but wanted to pass that on!

So happy you had a great appt for your little princess!

~aj~ said...

What wonderful news!

I always get so happy when I see pictures of Gabby. She is a total doll!

Katie said...

Man, that girl is beautiful!!

Manders said...

wonderful, wonderful news!! I know how scary the word surgery can be but at least they want to hold off because everything is looking good. Was the tutu found on your trip out? I am glad to see that daughter is following mother. ;-)
Love and support,
Mandy

Crittle said...

I love the new look to your site and I'm sitting here grooving to new-to-me music, so thanks!

I love the tutu! Now where might another Queen find one of those? You're right, it's a princess "must." ;-)

Crittle said...

Eek! How could I leave this out...CONGRATS on the great report. I think it's fab that you love your Cardiologist. A good dr is another princess "must."

Kyla said...

YAY! I'm so glad everything looks good!!

(I love our specialists, but not seeing them is usually the nest part!)

She is TOO CUTE.

Andrea said...

That is AWESOME Sheree!!! and she is just TOO CUTE!!! :) Here's to a healthy cutie pie!! WOOT!

Pity DaFoo said...

Both of your lil ones are extremely adorable!I love the tutu...she needs a pair of these to go with it http://www.heelarious.com/productpreview.html

What will they think of next!?!

Julie said...

Gabby is such a darling darling darling. I'm so happy to hear good news about her! And, I love the tutu.

Junie's Blog said...

YAY! I'm so glad little Gabby's heart is doing so well! She is such a pretty princess!

Michelle said...

Your daughter is adorable!! What a cutie -and sounds like a good report from the cardiologist!