catch up!

5:00 PM 7 Comments »
I feel like I am running out of things to say, but really, that's not the case...I'm just lazy, ha!

So on that note, what's been going on in our lives?

Cameron is officially a "Big Boy." He has decided that preschool is actually kind of cool, and tears are not needed. It is so much less stressful now in the mornings when he has school. He still puts up a little bit of a fight, but as soon as we convince him that "school is cool," he is excited again, and ready to roll. This past Tuesday, as I was driving him to school, he kept saying "I am SO excited mommy! I can't wait!" Sweet.

On Monday, our County of Education finally made it out to our house to meet with Gabby. There were three women total. They had lots of fun playing with the princess and the general consensus was that "gabby seems to be quite advanced, and even exibits characteristics of a baby much older than she is." HA! Take that!

She totally showed off during the entire meeting. Smiling, laughing, talking...the whole nine yards! She even rolled and scooted towards her toys : ) One of the nurses asked if we would be interested in infant massage. Of course I told her we were, so in a couple of weeks, she'll be back to give Gabby a rub down and teach me how to do it as well. Lucky princess!

Oh- we were also chatting about how Gabby is currently on a rather expensive infant formula due to doctors orders. The nurse told me that can be covered by our regional center! WOOHOO! Seriously it has been such a pain in the butt...not only is it super expensive, but it isn't always easy to find. Most stores only carry a couple of bottles of this stuff, so I usually clear their shelves and then have to come back a few days later to do it again. Our regional center is not only going to pay for it, but they'll ship to my doorstep too! Nice.

What else, what else...

OH- we bought some palm trees from our neighbors for a killer price. We have had nothing but our pool and some grass in our backyard for quite a while since we need to save bookoo $$$ to be able to landscape our HUGE yard. Well anyway, we got five palm trees and had them put in right behind our pool. It makes such a difference! We are already talking about getting a bunch more, because five was just not enough! Now I am itching to get a vegetable garden started but who knows...it might be too much work for me right now. We'll see!

So we're still recruiting for our Buddy Walk on October 4th, as well as donations! We would absolutely love it if anyone who can and wants to, would join us! It's for a great cause, and it's going to be lot's of fun! As a team, we have raised $255 and there is still lot's of time!

Go HERE to register to walk or make a donation! : )

Okay...that's all for now. Gotta make dinner!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Seriously...loving the "I'm Yours" song.

I'm so thrilled your kid is liking preschool now too. Sooooo much easier on everyone, eh?

And yay for all that awesomeness with Gabbs...her being a super star posing as an older baby, the free formula to your door, the massage. Sign me up too! :)

Andrea said...

That is Great that Cam is liking preschool now!!! Way to go Cam!!!! and Way to go Princess Gabbs!!!! You are rocking this world little lady!(as I knew you would!) :) and I just have to give a WOOT to the fact that you've found a way to get that liquid gold covered!! That will SO help!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for the formula being covered! That stuff is EXPENSIVE! I know that pain all too well! Sounds like Miss Gabby impressed everyone! :) I would love to see pics of your new trees! Sounds very pretty! Glad Cam is enjoying school. Its nice to have one on one time with the baby.

Kyla said...

Gabby is amazing!

Our insurance is now covering K's Pediasure and it is like a dream! They will be shipping it here, too. I can't believe it!

Crittle said...

Wait wait wait wait wait...that pool in the photos is your backyard?! Oh my goodness! All this time I was thinking that it was common area for a development. What a great yard! I know the trees must look fantastic.

~aj~ said...

I love your "school is cool" mantra. :) Glad it is working for Cam!

Miss Gabby is so impressive! She's breaking stereotypes at just a few months...just imagine what she's doing to do in the coming years.

You must show pics of your yard with the new trees. I bet it's gorgeous!

angiesarman said...

Awesome Gabby! You show them girl! I bet the palms look amazing...pics please!!! :)