ick.

9:19 PM 3 Comments »
So this morning was pretty dramatic.



First of all, Cameron had a serious "I hate school" moment while getting ready this morning. It resulted in me saying "I can't take this right now!" and walking out of the room while Nguyen attempted to wrestle him long enough to get his sandles on. Many tears later, Nguyen somehow managed to be able to talk him into getting into the car. We were only ten minutes late but I despise being late, so it felt like an eternity. Still, the transition was easy enough. The hardest part was getting him to agree to get in the car.



Gabby and I then went and grabbed breakfast at iHop with a neighbor friend. It has been so long since I have gone out to breakfast. It was nice. Gabby enjoyed it too ;)



When I got home, I waited for Nguyen and then we were about to be on our way to pick up Cam. I opened the front door and to my horror, I saw this:





OH.MY.GAWD.

(and NO, that is not a picture I took...this is another "pretend" photo.)



I shrieked like a little girl. It was SO not cool. It would have been so much better if it was just sitting there coiled up, but NO. It was slithering around in true snake fashion, making me quiver in disgust. I immediately slammed the door shut and Nguyen came running down the hall to see what all of the fuss was about. I opened the blinds that look out to the front porch and just pointed because I knew exactly what his reaction would be. He was MORE freaked out than I was. Gabby just sat in her carseat in front of the door watching her phsychotic parents staring at a measley little snake.



Nguyen kept saying "What do we do?!!" To which I said "we'll just go out the garage." Nguyen wanted to kill the snake but I assured him that it would be totally disgusting to have to clean up snake guts. Finally we decided we would make a mad dash through our garage to the car and just let the snake find his way AWAY from our front porch. Nguyen kept asking if there was such a thing as snake poison and if there was, we were dang sure going to be buying some today at home depot. I am pretty sure there is no such thing, so I guess we'll be living in fear for the rest of our lives.



I am pretty sure we will not be using the front door for entering the house for quite a while. If one of those creatures actually ever gets inside my house...I swear, we will pack up and move. SO GROSS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHH!
Oh my gosh! SCARY!!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~aj~ said...

Yeah, I would freak if I saw one on my porch like that. We had one in our backyard once and Matt hacked it up into many pieces with a shovel. I was the one screaming at him to go kill it, but when it was massacred I almost cried about it. lol