welcome to the double digits baby girl!
9:40 AM 10 Comments »Yup! You read that right. The princess had her four month appointment on Tuesday and she is a whopping 10 pounds, 9.3 ounces! I was so happy. We had made the switch to a hypoallergenic formula because she was having some "issues" and I was a bit worried because the new formula had less calories. But, she is gaining on track now and we don't have to worry about calorie intake any longer. **HAPPY DANCE**

The doctor noticed that the back of her head is flattening out and she is referring us to a specialist in Santa Clara. I am hesitant to even go. If any of you have ever seen Cameron AND Nguyen's head, you would know, this HAS to be a genetic thing. I just don't think I am too keen on the idea of putting my little baby in a shaping helmet for cosmetic reasons. Really, who cares? Remind me to cancel that appointment.
And now for the most exciting news of the week...
This morning Cameron woke up late and we had to rush to get ready for school. I thought for sure it was going to be meltdown central since he hadn't had proper time to absorb the fact that he was going to school today. I was amazed getting him into the car wasn't more of a chore than it was, but I was grateful nonetheless.
Due to the fact that we were behind schedule, breakfast was enjoyed in the car. It was cinnamon toast and trail mix in case you were wondering. So we pull up in front of the school and get out. Cameron starts getting upset that he can't take his bowl of trail mix into the school. I told him "I'll get it for you in a second, just put your backpack on." I was secretly hoping he would just forget about the damn trailmix. So we walk in (without the trailmix) and I try and distract him by asking him where his cubby is. We find it and sure enough... "where's my peanuts?!" Grrrr. So then I just said it. "Cameron, you can't have your peanuts right now." Tears everywhere.

Finally, after about a minute and a half, he got over the forgotten peanut saga and he looked at me and said "I want to high five you." You don't understand how exciting this was to me. In our house, high fiving is something Cameron does to daddy when daddy takes off for work. It's like the "I'm going to be okay today" signal. Basically, he was letting me know he was cool for me to leave. Check out what he said to me after the high five went down...

The doctor noticed that the back of her head is flattening out and she is referring us to a specialist in Santa Clara. I am hesitant to even go. If any of you have ever seen Cameron AND Nguyen's head, you would know, this HAS to be a genetic thing. I just don't think I am too keen on the idea of putting my little baby in a shaping helmet for cosmetic reasons. Really, who cares? Remind me to cancel that appointment.
And now for the most exciting news of the week...
This morning Cameron woke up late and we had to rush to get ready for school. I thought for sure it was going to be meltdown central since he hadn't had proper time to absorb the fact that he was going to school today. I was amazed getting him into the car wasn't more of a chore than it was, but I was grateful nonetheless.
Due to the fact that we were behind schedule, breakfast was enjoyed in the car. It was cinnamon toast and trail mix in case you were wondering. So we pull up in front of the school and get out. Cameron starts getting upset that he can't take his bowl of trail mix into the school. I told him "I'll get it for you in a second, just put your backpack on." I was secretly hoping he would just forget about the damn trailmix. So we walk in (without the trailmix) and I try and distract him by asking him where his cubby is. We find it and sure enough... "where's my peanuts?!" Grrrr. So then I just said it. "Cameron, you can't have your peanuts right now." Tears everywhere.

Finally, after about a minute and a half, he got over the forgotten peanut saga and he looked at me and said "I want to high five you." You don't understand how exciting this was to me. In our house, high fiving is something Cameron does to daddy when daddy takes off for work. It's like the "I'm going to be okay today" signal. Basically, he was letting me know he was cool for me to leave. Check out what he said to me after the high five went down...
"do you want me to walk you to the door?"
Victory. Sweet, sweet victory. I never thought this day would come. I kindly told Cam I would be okay walking myself to the door, so we gave kisses and off I went. It was the smoothest transaction yet. If not for the trail mix incident, this would have been our first tear-free drop off. I can't wait for next tuesday.




10 comments:
Yay for Cam!!! Meaghan just started preschool a couple weeks ago and it's been rough going too. I totally agree about the helmet, who cares? Your little ones are so adorable, those pictures turned out amazing!
YEAH for prek!!!! He is doing great!!
Those pictures are AMAZING!!!!!
Go Cam!!
and I'm so with you on the helmet thing. Our pedi wanted it for Avery, didn't happen and I kinda think she turned out alright ;)
Yay on the weight gain, Gabs. And HIGH FIVE, Cam-Bo!!!
That is fantastic!
OMG! Cutest story ever!
And the photos? GOR-GEOUS! You got you some purdy youngins.
Yay!!! That is awesome!!! and those pics are just precious!!
Way to Grow Gabby!!!!!
The pictures are stunning!
Cameron offering to walk you to the door is the cutest thing I've heard in a while.
Your kids are just so sweet!
Great news on the weight for Gabby! And Cameron being such a big boy at school! My one-year old has a huge flat spot on one side of his head ... I didn't want to do the helmet either :)
I just love them pictures! Telling myself over and over now that "I don't need another child"
Post a Comment