Waiting Game
2:45 PM 9 Comments »
So today was SUPPOSED to be the big day and guess what? After being all bitter about having Gabby's surgery pushed, she goes and gets a nasty cold. She wouldn't have been able to have surgery anyhow so I guess it wasn't meant to be today.
Despite her nasty cough, Gabby is doing great and eating a TON lately. She can't get enough "real" food, aka not "baby mush." This has proven to be difficult given the fact the little nugget has NO teeth. That's right...approaching 14 months and not a sign of a tooth. It's cool though...she manages.
Given that today was supposed to be THE day, I have received a couple of phone calls, email messages, and texts from friends that OBVIOUSLY don't read the blog :) I feel bad that I didn't personally call everyone and let them know what was going on. I hate that they have been worrying all morning. What can I say...I just ASSume everyone reads this, ha!
On a very positive and exciting note, my dad is on his way to my house as I type this. I can't wait to see my brothers and sister and Cam is going to be off the wall excited once he sees them. He has no clue they're coming so it will be a MAJOR surprise as he asks about them constantly! It's taken my dad 18 hours to get here. Sheesh. Hats off to him. I could NOT be in a car that long.
So, you may not hear from me for a while. What's new, right? I'll try and update soon!
love and hugs,
sheree
Despite her nasty cough, Gabby is doing great and eating a TON lately. She can't get enough "real" food, aka not "baby mush." This has proven to be difficult given the fact the little nugget has NO teeth. That's right...approaching 14 months and not a sign of a tooth. It's cool though...she manages.
Given that today was supposed to be THE day, I have received a couple of phone calls, email messages, and texts from friends that OBVIOUSLY don't read the blog :) I feel bad that I didn't personally call everyone and let them know what was going on. I hate that they have been worrying all morning. What can I say...I just ASSume everyone reads this, ha!
On a very positive and exciting note, my dad is on his way to my house as I type this. I can't wait to see my brothers and sister and Cam is going to be off the wall excited once he sees them. He has no clue they're coming so it will be a MAJOR surprise as he asks about them constantly! It's taken my dad 18 hours to get here. Sheesh. Hats off to him. I could NOT be in a car that long.
So, you may not hear from me for a while. What's new, right? I'll try and update soon!
love and hugs,
sheree




9 comments:
Well now we know why you didn't make it to the park today. You are one busy momma. Hope Gabby feels better soon. Have fun w/ your family!
Ugh. Waiting is the hardest. Hope Gabby is feeling better soon from her cold.
Sheree,
Wow I think thats a sign that postponing the surgery was meant to be! Sorry Gabby is sick though! I know you're anxious and I can't imagine what you and your family are going through!
Hugs
Dawn
I know you probably heard it a million times...but everything happens for a reason! Hope the cold goes away soon.
AND...I hope you guys have a great visit!
I hope Gabs feels better soon and you guys get to enjoy seeing your dad and the kids!
Well, we have been sending happy, healthy, get quick vibes anyway!! And we will continue to do so until THE day finally comes and goes and she is home!!
So sorry you have to go through all the mental prep again. My little guy did something similiar, he decided to spike a fever as I was carrying him out of the hospital room to the OR. He'd developed a UTI of all things. He had his surgery 3 weeks later and all went well. My prayers will be you that all goes well for your little one as well.
Hey, I had had a good excuse. ;-)
Have so much fun with your dad and siblings!
So sorry you've been in limbo with the date ... but you're right - wasn't meant to be now! Have a great time with your family and I hope Gabby's cold is gone soon.
Post a Comment