ahhhh. That's better!
10:49 AM Posted In gabby , open heart surgery 13 Comments »
Look! No more breathing tube! Hooray!
So last night after I updated the blog, I returned to Gabby and the nurse was waaayyyy nicer than she was before. She actually started talking to me and telling me what she was doing which was very much appreciated. I felt confident enough to escape to the parent's "sleeping room" and try and get a little rest. When I returned bright and early this morning I found Gabby like this:

It pretty much made my day! She is on just a tiny bit of oxygen through her nose but other than that she is breathing completely on her own. What a relief. She is a lot more comfortable today and I know that breathing tube was probably her main irritation yesterday. She still grimaces every once in a while but all in all, she is a much happier girl.
There is a baby right next door to Gabby who is just as cute as can be. His name is Gregory and he also has Down syndrome. He also had the same repair done. He also has the same cardiologist we do because he is ALSO from our city! What a coincidence. Anyhow, the ICU rooms are all glass doors so we can see everyone all the time. My mom and I have been watching Gregory through the window since yesterday because he is soooo cute. Yesterday he was playing and doing so well but when I came in this morning I noticed he had a breathing tube and the staff was paying extra close attention to him. I am not sure what happened but I am worried about him. He doesn't have any family here with him so I feel terrible. So, if it's possible, send some T&P's over to Gregory.
Alright so the agenda for the day is to remove Gabby's catheter, start her on some pedialyte and see if she tolerates that. If so, we can start giving her milk again, yay! She'll love that. What else, what else? Oh- They lowered her blood pressure meds and she is tolerating that well. Everything is going smoothly and I pray it continues to go that way.

I'll continue with the updates. Thanks again for all of your love and support from all across the world!! We couldn't do it without you!
So last night after I updated the blog, I returned to Gabby and the nurse was waaayyyy nicer than she was before. She actually started talking to me and telling me what she was doing which was very much appreciated. I felt confident enough to escape to the parent's "sleeping room" and try and get a little rest. When I returned bright and early this morning I found Gabby like this:

It pretty much made my day! She is on just a tiny bit of oxygen through her nose but other than that she is breathing completely on her own. What a relief. She is a lot more comfortable today and I know that breathing tube was probably her main irritation yesterday. She still grimaces every once in a while but all in all, she is a much happier girl.
There is a baby right next door to Gabby who is just as cute as can be. His name is Gregory and he also has Down syndrome. He also had the same repair done. He also has the same cardiologist we do because he is ALSO from our city! What a coincidence. Anyhow, the ICU rooms are all glass doors so we can see everyone all the time. My mom and I have been watching Gregory through the window since yesterday because he is soooo cute. Yesterday he was playing and doing so well but when I came in this morning I noticed he had a breathing tube and the staff was paying extra close attention to him. I am not sure what happened but I am worried about him. He doesn't have any family here with him so I feel terrible. So, if it's possible, send some T&P's over to Gregory.
Alright so the agenda for the day is to remove Gabby's catheter, start her on some pedialyte and see if she tolerates that. If so, we can start giving her milk again, yay! She'll love that. What else, what else? Oh- They lowered her blood pressure meds and she is tolerating that well. Everything is going smoothly and I pray it continues to go that way.

I'll continue with the updates. Thanks again for all of your love and support from all across the world!! We couldn't do it without you!




13 comments:
Oh thank you for the update! Yeah for no breathing tube & yeah for Mama getting some much needed rest!
Prayers sent for all of you..
What a difference a day makes.See how fast these little ones make progress?I remember when Zoey was in the CTICU,that the nurses told me that the bigger kids,when asked what hurt the most, would tell them it was the chest tube.Our little ones can't tell us so I thought that was a good bit of info when I saw her grimace.Hoping and praying for more baby steps forward ... the breathing tube was a huge one though!Zoey was intubated for 4 days!Get some rest when you can.Once she is more alert,she will need you alot more.
I'm so glad she's off the tube already! You're so amazing keeping us updated like this. I've been praying for you guys and will now add little Gregory to my prayers.
Oh Sheree, she's so precious.
I'm sorry that nurse got started off on the wrong foot yesterday. I'm so glad she got better. And once again I'm so glad your mom is there with you if your husband can't be because I cannot imagine doing any of this alone.
Thinking of you and sweet Gabbs!
Ree, its Tiff. I cant wait to see you guys Wednesday! Im shocked to see how much Gabbs improved from the first set of post op. pics to the second. Im so happy she's her feisty self! I love you guys..and will see you in a few days.
Sheree, Gabby looks great!! I'm so happy to hear that she is recovering well. Thanks for the updates.
Thanks for the update and pics, she looks awesome! I'll be praying for Gregory... how sad his mommy or daddy couldnt be there! I know first hand how hard it would be with 4 little ones, we'd be up a creek!
WOW! second day of recovery and it sound slike she's making leaps and bounds sooo fast!!!
So glad to hear she is only getting better.
love you guys!
I'm just thrilled! Sounds like she's doing so much better today.
So glad to hear Princess Gabby is doing so well! Yayyyyy!!!
I am so glad things are going well, looking at these awfull pics- i cant help but wonder what your poor baby is thinking??? She is so lucky to have such a supportive mommy watching over her. i feel awfull for baby gregory. hope the night goes well. get a little sleep,k.
So happy to see that the tube is out! Carly was intubated for 16 days our first surgery. That was awful. The second surgery she pulled her tube out shortly after surgery. The little stinker. She did fine though.
Thanks for sharing pictures. She's such a darling little gal.
Try and rest as much as you can. We'll continue the prayers.
Oh, she's looking so good Sheree!
I have not been good about keeping up with blogs since we've been out of town, but you guys have been in my constant thoughts!
Wow, Gabby looks great. Hope the progress continues. We are saying our little prayers for her.
Post a Comment