Home is just around the corner...

4:25 PM Posted In , 10 Comments »
Guess what!? Gabby is laying next to me, fast asleep, with absolutely NO tubes coming out of her little body!! Ahhhhh. I love it! Guess what else? I got to hold my girl about an hour ago. She was so happy to get out of that bed. I wanted to cuddle on her but she was having none of that...she just wanted to sit up, stare out of her glass windows, and have me slap her back...weirdo.

They took one last xray of her chest today and also did an echo. I haven't heard anything regarding these two things, but everyone around here keeps telling me they're getting us out of here tomorrow. Can you believe it!? I am ECSTATIC!

It's perfect timing too since last night was the night from hell. I had HAD it. Now that I know tonight will be our last night, I know I can hang on. It's almost over.

I just wanted to say thank you to so many of you.

ESPECIALLY my mom, who stayed with me through the weekend and trekked back and forth from the hospital to the hotel. I know it was a pain, but I very much appreciate it.
To my Aunt Leigh who dropped her plans and came to hang with me on her BIRTHDAY, and who brought me the most delicious cookies in the universe. You rock.
To the best Hubby in the world for remaining cool while "out of the loop" thanks to a lack of cell phone reception...love you!
To all of our friends, family, and people I don't even know for calling, texting, emailing, facebooking...I love you guys.

You like my oscar speech?? Haha...no seriously, thank you all! It meant/means so much to me! We are so lucky!!

10 comments:

Candace said...

Oh what fantastic news! I am so happy for you! It will be so much more comfortable and relaxing for you in the comfort of your own home. Both you and Gabby have been awe inspiring throughout this entire experience for your strength and incredible spirits.

Lacey said...

yeah for home. I'm so excited for you and Gabby.

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you get to leave there soon!! I'm glad that you have so much support too!

Cathy said...

Yay for HOME!

Kyla said...

So glad things have gone so well for Gabby and you'll be home soon!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that there could have been better news!!! Home Sweet Home (so soon)!

sasha said...

That is awesome news!! I am so happy for you and your family. Yes, knowing that you are getting out soon, makes the last few day easier to take. Hang in there and hopefully you are outta there!

Marietta said...

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Take care Sheree. The four of you can now relax physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Love & prayers for you & your family.

Unknown said...

Yippy!!! Home is the very best place to be. I'm so excited and happy for you.

pamcakes said...

I'm so glad your little angel is a trooper! Pey and I are so happy for you and your fam!!