Post #2 over at Hopeful Parents!

11:00 PM Posted In 6 Comments »
Admittedly, I am exhausted and wish I had more energy to devote to writing tonight. Aw well.

http://www.hopefulparents.org/blog/2009/8/13/open-heart-surgerycheck.html

6 comments:

Stacey said...

you write sooo well! great post you put over there!

:)

CORI said...

I loved it. You are an amazing Mommy.

Julie said...

Oh hugs to you. That was very well written, so honest and true. I can totally feel your anxiety and really do know what it's like to see your baby through surgery. It will get better...soon!

Unknown said...

So good to know how well Gabby is doing. Love the mirror toy. Right on for a little princess. Hope to play together soon. Let us know when you come to Roseville.

Dani said...

I wish I could be like you. Have the unconditional love like you have. I have been that fish floundering for so long that I am finally done gasping for air and I am just giving up. I do not fit anywhere, my kids arn't normal but there is no group I "fit in." Brianna is not your typical Downs kid so we don't even fit into that catagory. I am so glad you were able to find a great support group! It does make a big difference. Gabby is so lucky to have you and I hope you are always filled with that love for her nomatter what. Don't let the syndrome eat you like it has me. Sorry this post went... I don't know what.. Anyhow you are a great mother Sheree I only wish I could be like you. I wish I didn't feel like giving up. Keep up the good work sheree, God truly picked Gabby a fabulous mommy.

sasha said...

Sounds like you are still adjusting to being home. That is perfectly okay since you went through a HUGE event. Don't forget that our children are not the only ones recovering from OHS. As parents..we are too. Allow yourself time to relax and deal with the stress of it all.:) I found that I was quite weepy when I got home for a couple of weeks. The strangest things would make me cry...Yes I was happy but boy was the time in the hospital stressful..YES