A visit to the Nut Tree

7:00 AM Posted In , , 6 Comments »
A few weekends ago we met up with my cousin at the Nut Tree, about 45 minutes away from where we live. I always knew this place existed but I have no idea why we have never been there until now! It was way too much fun!

Really, it's just a shopping center with super fun play stuff in the middle but something about it was just so much fun. They had those life-size checkers and chess boards, a beautiful carousel, a merry go-round, a train, a teeter-totter (seriously, when's the last time you saw one of those?) and so much more! Cameron was in heaven.



Gabby thought it was pretty awesome too despite the skeptical look on her face!
.

I wish I could say Cameron was in rare form when I took this picture but really...this is typical.







Pure giddiness!





My favorite part of the Nut Tree was the old fashioned ice cream parlor (drool) where they had all of these cool stationary vehicles. Cameron could have played all day in just these planes, trains, and automobiles if we would have let him.

Finally, it was time to go home and Cameron made sure everyone at the Nut Tree knew he did NOT want that to be the case. He took one last ride on the train and then we said our goodbyes and promised we would bring him back soon.


We weren't lying...it was truly really fun and hopefully we'll go back within the next few weeks before it gets unbearably hot.
:)

6 comments:

Aunt Nutty said...

Wow, that looks like tons of fun!

Lisa said...

I remember the Nut Tree way back when, but I've never been since it was closed and the shopping area took its place. It looks SO fun! We'll have to check it out :)

Andrea said...

A sunny day w/family....there is nothing better than that!!! It looked like FUN! Thanks for your comment on my post and sharing that you have those moments too. Today, I was all smiles! I was so glad to meet you, wish I had more time to visit! xoxo

Julie said...

Yay for family fun days!!!

~aj~ said...

Fun...I wanna play at the Nut Tee with you guys!

Kyla said...

How fun!!!