1st grade!

4:10 PM 2 Comments »
Well, it's official. The sweetest boy in the world is a first grader as of last Monday! I have to admit that I was REALLY looking forward to this day. This summer seemed like it lasted forever.
.

Is he not the cutest?

Gabby had to get in on that action too but not to worry...she will have her very own sign to hold tomorrow!


We arrived to school bright and early, eagerly awaiting the opening of the gates so we could rush in and see his new classroom. We ran into some familiar faces along the way. Cameron was SO happy to be back at school. I was slightly nervous because as you can see, the dude is sporting some REALLY hip glasses but sometimes when you're that cool, people might feel the need to pick on you. Turns out, his glasses are the talk of the town and especially amongst the first graders. Everyone wants a pair. No more worries from this mama!



Cameron with his best friend, Sebastian.


We finally made it to Cam's new classroom and found his new desk. He got paired up next to a girl but not just any girl...this is the girl Cameron told us ALL last year that he would be marrying. I bet she digs his glasses.
.

.

Shortly after this picture was taken, the parents were encouraged to leave. I would have stayed all day if they would have let me. Truthfully, first grade has been quite an adjustment for the mama bear. He's in school all day now. He eats lunch there. He plays with the big kids at recess. He is so much more independent.

.

It definitely is taking some getting used to for Nguyen and I but Cameron seems unfazed which is wonderful. His confidence is beginning to shine through which we couldn't be more thrilled about but at the same time...we're definitely getting a dose of "it goes by way too fast!" He is such a little man now and wanting to do more and more on his own. I love it and hate it all at the same time. :)

.

Cameron came home from the first day of school and proclaimed that is was the best day of his life! Love that boy!


2 comments:

Kyla said...

I didn't realize/remember that Cam only went half days last year. Seems like a few of our Febbers were that way last year. KayTar had full days, so we don't have much adjusting to do on that front.

Cam looks adorable. He's got an ironic geeky hipster vibe going. ;)

~aj~ said...

I swear that boy is too cute for words. It's sad that a 6 year old is already cooler than I am!

Hope he has a great school year!