Welcome to Preschool!
4:23 PM 4 Comments »
Today was a VERY exciting day in the Phamily house. The littlest had her very first day of preschool and just as I expected, it was the best day of her life. She is on the afternoon schedule so unfortunately, Nguyen and Cameron were already gone for the day once it was finally time to leave. It didn't matter though- we still made a huge production out of it and she loved every second though you probably can't tell from the following pictures!
.
.
We finally got to school and she was ecstatic at the sight of the playground. There was a sign on the door stating they weren't going to open it until exactly 11:30am to allow the teachers to have a break so she got to play for a bit and say hello to all of her class mates as they strolled in.
.
GABBY DOES!
.
.
We finally got to school and she was ecstatic at the sight of the playground. There was a sign on the door stating they weren't going to open it until exactly 11:30am to allow the teachers to have a break so she got to play for a bit and say hello to all of her class mates as they strolled in.
.
excuse the smudge on my camera.
Once we got into the classroom, the teacher had the parents and children do a "scavenger hunt" as a means to get to know the classroom and figure out where everything was. We explored the "library," the bathrooms, the puzzle station, the coloring station, and the big ABC carpet where Gabby would be practicing all of her good listening skills. Once we reached the carpet, the teacher began talking about how they were getting ready to eat lunch and how everyday they were going to make healthy choices. She then asked "Who loves milk?"
GABBY DOES!Other than being very, VERY chatty on the carpet while the teacher spoke, she did wonderfully! She ate lunch like a champ and washed her hands at least three times while I was there. I left shortly after lunch and returned about an hour and a half later. Apparently she never noticed I had left. She is home now and resting peacefully in front of the T.V. I foresee a very early bedtime tonight!




4 comments:
yes, this makes me get a lump in my throat, of course!!! I know she was a happy little girl today and will thrive and LOVE pre-school!!!! Can't wait to read and hear and see all about her adventures!!!!!
Aww, what a cutie!
The ONLY pet peeve I ever had about KayTar' preschool experience is that she had one teacher who was always harping about "healthy foods" and telling KayTar what she ate (her very, VERY limited foods) wasn't good. O_o Her diet is better than like 99% of Americans and she has the labs to prove it, because most of her nutrition is Pediasure and the tiny amount she eats by mouth doesn't make a difference. /end rant. LOL!
Yay Gabby, she is a super star for sure!
She is just so beautiful, and so grown up! I can't wait to see her and Cam and play! I'm so happy you are blogging again. :)
Post a Comment