messing around with layers in PS.

11:20 PM Posted In , 11 Comments »

Nothing fancy...just thought it turned out cute. I am hoping one day, I can make some Phamily Christmas cards :)


Oh an by the way...i'm feeling a lot less "funk-ish" this evening. I kept off of the computer for the most part and avoided all of the "dangerous" sites, and I must say...it was a good day.

We have been busy over here at the pham house. My dad and family have been staying with us for the past few days so we have been having too much fun with them. I should have some pics up tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a lovely day!

11 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. I love Gabrielle's little pucker lips - so cute. I recently got PS too. Now if I only had about 10 hours to just sit down and play with it. Any photo that Sarah has been posting prior to 2004 is not digital, which means I have to scan them and sometimes they don't look so good, so I have been trying to enhance them with PS.

I'm sorry about your funk. Sarah and I have so enjoyed our new blogging world, but I can say that your experience has shown me that nothing really changes, just the format(ie. now blogs). I have had some really ugly scenarios over the years around Sarah, but first they were in person because we had no written communication back then. Our DS support group then started a newsletter and last year I allowed them to print an essay my son had written for a college application. He wrote about his feelings regarding Sarah, how he had seen her suffer so much medically, how the ambulance was constantly at our house in the middle of the night and how he wished she didn't have to go through that. I thougt it was a great real life of sibling written by a teenager piece that other teens could relate to. Well a dad in the next newsletter attacked my son and said his paper was advocating for abortion. We were in shock. First, that he could get that out of a paper that never mentioned anything of the sorts and then that he thought it was ok to attack a 17 year old that has lived this everyday of his life. It took me and some members of my family several months to get over that. Actually as I type this today, I can feel my blood pressure rising.

I have concluded, or maybe I am trying to rationalize, that these experiences are toughening us up for something else that is going to come our way. I sure understand your funk though, that's exactly how I felt.

sheree said...

thanks joyce...I have had photoshop for about two years now and I am just now starting to semi-understand some things, ha!

Wow...I can't even believe that your son got attacked by a father because of what I am sure, was a beautiful, real-life, hearfelt essay. That's exactly the type of thing that would throw me into one of my funks. I am sorry that happened. I bet you're right though...it's just conditioning us for the bigger bumps in the road that are yet to come. :)

Kyla said...

Gabs!! Adorable.

I think Joyce is right...the little wounds, they help our skin get a little thicker...then the next little jab doesn't smart quite as much.

..Kris Naven.. said...

This picture is adorable! I wish I knew how to use photoshop! Elliott was looking at the computer, and he said, "Mom, who's that cute baby?" And I told him, "Her name is Gabby." He said, "Oh she's cute!" Both of your children are beautiful!!!

Janna said...

Awe! Gabby's so cute! I really need to get PS. With all the scrapbooking I do, I know I would get a lot of use out of it.

I'm sorry about your funk. I've been there myself lately. ((hugs))

WheresMyAngels said...

I HAVE no idea what your funk post was all about? Course I haven't read your blog lately, because I haven't been on the internet. Guess I'll go look thru it.

Love that photo though!

WheresMyAngels said...

Nope still loss about your badass post ;)

Anonymous said...

Adorable picture - great PS work! I am too lazy to try to figure it out!

Casey said...

I think thats one of my favs of little Gabby! She has sooo much personality! I love PS but haven't enough time to learn it completely. Let me know of any cool tricks you learn!

Virginia said...

Her eyes are amazing! SO big and almond shaped! I was happy this pictures gets bigger when you click on it!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! So glad you are feeling better and are out of the funk now! :)