still not zesty.

12:07 PM Posted In , , , 5 Comments »
So, we're still under the weather (cameron and I) and it seems as if the princess is following suit. This morning she felt a bit warm and just didn't look well. Her eyes are watery and she is definitely congested. I gave her some tylenol and we're just praying it doesn't turn into anything nasty. Currently she is lounging in her swing not making a peep, so I'll take that as a good sign.

So since we've been cooped up in the house, Cameron has TORN the place apart...literally. I cannot turn my back for even five seconds because this is what happens.






I'm not kidding...this is his newest most favorite thing to do. Take all blankets, pillows, couch cusions, towels out of the closet, sheets, etc...and THROW them about, everywhere. And with me not feeling my best, I don't have the energy to keep picking it all up so I either get really upset with him and he goes on timeout, or I just lay down and pretend I don't notice. The poor kid is going stir crazy and so am I.
On another note, guess who got their first taste of butternut squash yesterday?!


She LOVED it. We tried rice cereal first but it wasn't kind to her digestive system so her doc gave us the go-ahead to start with veggies. I have never seen anyone so happy about consuming pureed squash! I couldn't catch the smiles she was shooting me after every spoonful, but I assure you, they were there!


Sorry if these pics gross you out...I know I get grossed out sometimes when I see pics of other people's children with crap all over their face, but I dunno...it's different with your own I guess?!

We had family portraits scheduled for today but since Gabby is not feeling well, I canceled. We rescheduled for next week so hopefully we will all be feeling much better!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

You're so funny, I never get grossed out at messy baby faces...unless maybe it is messy with a load of snot or something. LOL.

Poor Gabs! I hope she doesn't get too sick and that you heal up super quick. It is hard being sick mommy with sick babies!

(my word verification is "lurve", as in, "I lurve you." LOL.)

Gretchen said...

Yeah, Gracie has been doing the whole throwing the pillows and blankets around for way to long. My house is a constant mess. I just let her do her thing and clean it all up when she takes a nap or goes to bed for the night. I can't wait for the day when I have a house look like a house and not a playroom.

~aj~ said...

Doesn't gross me out a bit...I think messy baby faces are a riot. Squash is a big favorite for Mr. Drew as well. I can't say I agree with him, but I'm happy he likes it. :)

Hope Gabs can escape getting sick!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you are all feeling much better soon.

My name is Sarah said...

You mean your house doesn't always look like that? Our does. As Matt would say, if they were suppose to stay on the couch, they would be attached. My mom just gave up.