Gabby's First Birthday Party!
8:56 PM Posted In birthday , gabby 9 Comments »This past weekend we celebrated Miss Gabby's first birthday with friends and family and we had a BLAST! It was insanely hot so everyone was either in the pool or in the house taking full advantage of the air conditioning.
I think I have decided I am just no good at hosting big parties...I forgot to put out all of the condiments for the hot dogs and hamburgers (why didn't anyone say anything!?) But all in all, it was great and I am pretty sure everyone had a good time.
I think I have decided I am just no good at hosting big parties...I forgot to put out all of the condiments for the hot dogs and hamburgers (why didn't anyone say anything!?) But all in all, it was great and I am pretty sure everyone had a good time.
I know this little lady did.
I rented a bounce house because I was worried about keeping all of the kids entertained. I am glad I did...it served its purpose.

Most of the mommies and the babies stayed inside and chatted. Gabby had all of her favorite guys there to share her special day with her.
Sheridan was as cute as can be and loved Gabby's new mailbox. If he has a birthday bash, we know what to get him ;)

Joaquin and John Michael were also there. We attempted several group shots but they weren't in the mood for a photo shoot so this is as good as it gets...and I'd say it's pretty good!

Joaquin was being his usual self and stealing hearts left and right...Gabby's included.

What a little love.
Jennifer has already proposed a wedding in 2028. I approve...I am thinking a beach wedding would be nice.

Time for presents!

Gabby got a lot of REALLY cute stuff. I am so excited about all of it!
(more about a particular present from Monica and John Michael of Monkey Musings tomorrow)

She's one of those that actually reads the cards ;)
Okay guys...so check out the cake daddy-o picked out for the Princess:

I know. (shaking head)
And believe it or not, this was a downgrade from the one he wanted to get.

And then came Gabby's first taste of anything with real texture cake.

She really had no idea what to do with it and ended up tasting very little of it. But it felt cool in her hands apparently.
Nguyen just walked by and asked me why it looks like there were five people at the party...eek! I guess I was feeling pretty comfortable with my camera in the cool house. But I promise there were lots of people taking full advantage of the pool, I just neglected to take pictures of them ;)All in all it was a fun day and we are so happy we got to celebrate Gabby's first year with friends and family.
Look for a post sometime tomorrow about a very special gift from a fellow blogger. It's a gift that will be cherished by Gabby for many, many years, I am sure. ;)




9 comments:
Looks like a great time!!! Lily's first of 2 parties is on Sunday. Can you believe our babies are one?!?!? Gabby's cake definitely is going to outshine Lily's! We are celebrating my nephew's birthday too. He's having the big cake...scooby doo. Lily's cake will be a small one that she can mess up.
Happy birthday beautiful princess!!!
Looks like it was a success!
And dude, THAT CAKE!
Looks like it was fun! I don't think Bri has ever seen a baby like her. I do however wish Bri was as high functioning as Gabby, Joaquin and John Micheal. I know many feel on the outs of regular society with a SN kid but we dont even fit into that society of Downs families since Bri is so low functioning. It is going to be a VERY long summer. Glad Ms G had a great party!
We had a great time and you are amazing hosts! Your house and backyard are AMAZING!!!
That cake is WILD! TOO CUTE! Looks like a lovely party!
We had a great time. John Michael LOVED being with his friends. He especially loved putting mail in the slot. Maybe a future career? You have a beautiful home, Sheree. It was fun celebrating Gabby's big day!
OH...looks like you all had a great time! We too had a great birthday party for Katie! It's so cute to see Gabby and the other babies, especially Joaquin!
Sorry for my lateness..but I still wanted to wish Gabby a happy Belated Birthday!
P.S. I'm loving the music on your page. I think I'm a new fan!
Your daughter is positively adorable. I found your blog from Monica's. : )
Post a Comment