Thankful A to Z: "D"

3:45 PM Posted In , 7 Comments »





I am thankful for Down syndrome...yeah really- I am. I am thankful that my baby is happy, healthy, and has Down syndrome. I know I know... how can I be thankful for something deemed as a disability? That's easy to answer. We don't think about Down syndrome as a disability around these parts. Gabby does whatever Gabby wants to do. Nothing about her is "disabled." Her personality is quirky, witty, and just plain fun. Without Down syndrome, Gabby wouldn't be "Gabby" and, well... this little girl is amazing and not a day goes by where I don't say that out loud. I am so SO thankful for this child and her 47 chromosomes.
.

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Such a beautiful picture of Gabby :)

Anonymous said...

I needed to see this post. Thank you.

Gabby is beautiful!♥

~aj~ said...

She is just the sweetest, Sheree!

Kyla said...

Definitely! (which is a d word, too. LOL.)

Heather said...

Gabby is looking as beautiful as ever ... perfect in every way!

Lisa said...

Here here! I second that!

And, um, that is the most AMAZING and GORGEOUS picture of Gabby I've ever seen.

Monica Crumley said...

LOVE LOVE your photo of Gabby flying. She's so precious!