Gabby's Daddy

10:20 PM 10 Comments »



Hi everyone. I'm Nguyen, Gabby's dad and I felt it was my time to blog so you all can get a little feel for our whole entire family and not just the lies upon lies that Sheree spreads through this venomous blog (just kidding). Well let me start out by telling you a little about myself. I was born into a wonderful loving family and blessed with two of the best parents ever. I have two older brothers and an older sister who live nearby. I love them very much also. I grew up in a pretty normal Vietnamese household except my parents were exceptionally open minded compared to most of the older people in the culture. They never minded that most of my friends weren't Vietnamese and always encouraged me to do what made me happy. Well a few years ago I met the girl of my dreams and her name is Sheree. I remember thinking to myself after our first date that there is nobody out there more beautiful than this woman and I still think the same thing today. We dated like 3 days and we found out she was pregnant with our son Cameron. I always knew I wanted to marry her so it was very happy news to me. I always thought what could possibly look better than me. Well of course, me but half white. And that is what Cameron looks like, me but half white.
I have always been a realist my whole life. I'm a very very realistic person and I dont try control things that are out of my control. For example I'm not the guy who goes to a car dealership and leaves telling all my friends that I ripped off the dealership. Please people, a car dealership is not selling you a car if they're losing money on it. Or another example of me being a realist is I don't go into asian restaurants expecting good service because thats not what asian people do, they're good at cooking food and collecting money, not communicating. I have a pretty dry sense of humor that amuses some people, just not my wife. I am not a religious person at all but I don't consider myself an atheist either because I believe there is a God out there, just not the same one that people kill eachother over. So when we found out that Gabby was born with down syndrome, I didn't play the "God Card". I didn't say to myself God did this for a good reason because why would God want a child to be born with heart problems and learning disabilities. I just took it as something that happens to people randomly and I was this random person. Just like anyone else would have been, I was confused, scared, angry and ran through a whole roller coaster of emotions when we were told of the news. I just knew though that giving up was way too easy and my parents didn't raise no quitter. I can't wait to be a father to her and provide her with a wonderful life.
I think most people wouldn't want more kids with all the extra attention needed to take care of a down syndrome baby, but I'm already thinking about building a whole entire entourage of brothers and sisters to surround Gabby with so the first kid that makes fun of her will get laid out and carted off on a stretcher. Again, it's only been one week since she was born so we'll see how I follow through on this. Bye everyone, more on my life next time. Thank You for wasting your precious time reading my entry.

10 comments:

sheree said...

I know you're probably dissapointed your first comment is from me but I just needed to clear up one thing...we dated longer than three days before I got pregnant. Dork.

Lisa said...

Come on, Sheree....it was really probably like 7 days, right? :) LOL
Anyway, Nguyen, it was so great to read your story...you need to blog more often. You cracked me up...I think my son Charlie was wondering what was wrong with me. Kinda like he does ALL the time.
You and Sheree are so perfect together and it's obvious from Cam that you make the most wonderful parents ever.
Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

What an OUTSTANDING Daddy Princess Gabby has!
I think yall have the best attitude! Princess Gabby is already SO blessed to have such loving parents and an amazing big brother! I can't wait to share this journey with your family!
Welcome to the blog world Nguyen! You have an beautiful family!

Love, Cori

Kyla said...

Yay Nguyen! Nice to "meet" you.

Sounds like Gabby and Cam are both really lucky little kids to have such wonderful parents.

Adrina said...

I actually laughed out loud at your dry sense of humor jokes, I love it! You guys have an awesome family, and you're all perfect for eachother!!

LOL at 3 days, it had to be at least 15. right?

Lisa G said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......loved this post.

Kristin said...

Well, count me as one who appreicates your sense of humor...I don't often actually laugh out loud at the computer, yet this post had me laughing several times.

Nice to meet you, Nguyen...hope to hear from you again soon.

And congratulations on your beautiful daughter. You guys are all so blessed to have each other.

Carrie said...

Awesome post Nguyen! You can tell that you love your family very much. Cameron and Gabby are so lucky to have such wonderful parents!
I agree with the other ladies that your post had me cracking up!
Congrats on becoming a daddy to a beautiful little girl!

Unknown said...

Gabby's daddy is the truth!!!!Nguyen, very well put, And I agree. Sheree, you are an incredible mom and I believe that its all a blessing in disguise. Terra and I are here for the both of you guys for anything and everything. Love you both and we'll see you real soon.
By the way, both of you guys are great writers. Nguyen, you never turned in an essay to UCD this good.

Diane said...

I will agree with everyone else. I enjoyed Nguyen's "dry" sense of humor.
And Sheree, I'm sure it was more like 7 days, just like Lisa said.
Cam and Gabby are beautiful children.
I can't believe how hot the weather is there. It was in the 30's last week at night here. Brrrrr.