lazy Friday
12:24 PM 9 Comments »
We woke up this morning to grey clouds and non-scorching weather which is actually nice, but it made for a killer case of the lazies. My BFF spent the night last night so she could help me with Cameron this morning since Gabby had her first doctors appointment. I actually got a really good nights sleep due to my doctor telling me I didn't have to wake up Gabby in the middle of the night to feed. I actually freaked out after six hours of un-interrupted sleep and got up and fed her anyhow. She is such a good girl :) So we headed off to Kaiser and had our visit. She is doing well although she hasn't gained as much weight as they would like to normally see. SO, I am back to waking her in the middle of the night and now I have to feed her every two hours instead of three. Holy moly...if I thought I was tired before, I really have it coming.

We are home now, after a trip to the donut shop and Starbucks. Once again, everyone is back in lazy mode. I was able to clean up my house a bit which feels lovely. Cam zonked out watching a choo choo movie and Ash and Gabbs are enjoying a Sex and the City marathon. Today is a good day. I will be sad for Ash to go home, BUT my d
ad will be here next week so that'll be a great help! I have lots of things for him to do around here, haha! Hear that dad?! I'm putting you to work! Don't worry....nothing too labor intensive :)
ad will be here next week so that'll be a great help! I have lots of things for him to do around here, haha! Hear that dad?! I'm putting you to work! Don't worry....nothing too labor intensive :)




9 comments:
Lazy days are good! Do shift switching with Nguyen for the nighttime feeds or you'll never get enough rest. He can do a pumped bottle for a couple of feedings.
Congratulations on your new baby girl! I've been thinking about you and wondering if she'd arrived yet! She looks gorgeous! I'll have to take some time to read through your posts soon!
I agree with Kyla! Take shifts or you are going to be beat my friend! Every 2 hrs. Wow that is rough! I wish I was there to help! Sounds like Miss Gabby is a well behaved little Princess :)
Cori
Awww...Good Girl, Gabby! :) She's such a champ...but of course we knew she would be! Glad you got a good night's sleep. You deserve it, friend!! And mmmmm donuts and starbucks! YUM!
You can always ask your mommy for help!!!
Wow...I'm jealous of that stretch of sleep...was it your doc or Gabby's doc that said you could sleep? I'm ready for D's doctor to say that. He's 15 months old and they still tell me to feed him in the night. Stupid weight gain. Dude, try every 2 hours during the DAY...switch to 3-4 at night. You know...since I'm an expert. ;)
I'm glad your friend got to stay with you guys. Wish I could come over and help!
Make sure they keep a check on her thyroid. Our kids (downs kids) can have problems with either Hyper or Hypo thyroidism, it could explain lack of weight gain or too much weight gain. Bri is a skinny Downs child and that is due to her thyroid. Most of them are chubby because of the thyroid. Anyhow I hope we get to meet Gabby soon. Also let me know if you have been set up with everything. I have some insight to some things they may not have told you about as far as services for Gabby and you...
hey dani-
They are going to be checking her thyroid soon...I hope! I will be emailing you tomorrow!
Kristin- I think that is a great idea and totally what I am doing...I cannot wake up that much right now so every 3-4 hours in the night is my plan! Oh, and it was one of Gabby's doctors that told me to go ahead and let her sleep but her primary doc nixed it. Ughh.
I love the pics! She is so beautiful and Cam is so adorable zonked out! Good to know you are doing well and I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and your family every day.
-Nichol from BBC
Post a Comment