The results are in...
12:38 PM 17 Comments »
The doctor called me today to inform me of Gabby's results, and as expected it IS Trisomy 21. The good news is that the type of Trisomy she has does not reflect that Nguyen or I are carriers for Down Syndrome. So...LET THE APPOINTMENTS BEGIN! I already am pretty booked up this week and some of next week.Cameron was doing great yesterday and acting like he feels a ton better. However, last night he spiked again with a 102 fever. This will be day four of this junk and we're over it! So, when Gabby's doctor asked me how Cam was doing today and I told her that, she said she would make an appointment for him. So, today he get's to go to his most favorite place ever...NOT! Nguyen has to take him alone so it should be interesting, haha.
Other than being competely exhausted, we are all doing great. I really wish we could go on a walk or something to get out of the house but it's either too hot or just the right temperature but way too windy! And until Mr. Cameron get's better, we aren't going anywhere in the car as a family because their carseats are right next to eachother. Oh well...he should be better soon!!




17 comments:
Oh, Sheree!
I am so happy for you that things are on the upswing! Gabby is absolutely adorable! I can't imagine what a sense of peace it must be to have her home with you (in spite of Cam being sick and the uncooperative weather!) She really is so beautiful!
Much Love from the North,
~Kara
can you save all of gabbys clothes on the off chance you dont have another girl one day and i do? im so jealous of her wardrobe - she is such a diva she looks so fab always. i bet she was so glad to be out of that hospital gear and into designer blankets and wraps!
i cant get over how grown up she looks! like a real baby, not s mushy infant! im so in love, you sue i cant take her to london on sunday?
ill bring her back.....
Oh my goodness, she is just so beautiful! I love her clothes! I'm glad that the type she has did not reflect on you and Nguyen! I hope cam feels better soon! Keep the photos coming, they are just precious!!!!!
ash...I will deffo keep the clothes for you ;)
Hope Cam's doctor visit goes well. Oh, and an offical welcome to the big bad world that is special needs parenting...no worries, you and the princess will totally rock it ;)
I have not commented on your blog yet but I wanted to say that Gabby is beautiful and you guys are doing great with the news about Gabby.
I have recently changed my views about life and have set my sights on my life after my life here (with God). So what I drive, my furniture, and other material things don't matter. What I learned in school (book smarts)won't matter either as well as what career I have (except as a mother). But what I am learning from my husband and children will change me forever.
I know Cameron and Gabby will teach you more than you thought was possible and it is not always what the world thinks you should know.
~Jessica
Sheree, Gabby is beautiful!! I love seeing the photo's of her. It must be awesome to finally have her home with you. I hope Cam feels better really soon. Poor guy.
Gabby is beautiful!! She is so sweet. I love that bow!
I hope Cam feels better soon!!
Jen
Even though you "knew" I'm glad you have the official diagnosis so you can keep going like you are.
And I hope Cam is going to be better soon. I know you're ready to just be a family all together already!
Loving those clothes and how she looks like such a non-newborn already! She's a perfect little princess.
She's so cute! OMG.
Here come the appointments, eh? You'll survive and at this point at least she won't take much entertaining in the waiting rooms. That gets tricky. LOL.
The journey your family is starting on is one of many adventures. I am not going to say it will be easy because it will not. I will not say that you will never wish things were "normal" just for one day, because you will. I will not say you will always have the strength because some days it is just gone. I will not say that you will never feel like giving up, because let's face it we all feel like that once in awhile. As the Parent of a "differently-ABLED" child, there will be days you long for "normal", there will be days you wish you could go back to easier times, You will wish that people did not give you the looks of pity. But what people do not know is that your job, as parents to a Special Needs child is one to envy, not pity. You are given unconditional love day in and day out by a child who knows no hatrid, or pity. All they know is love. And they give it whole heartedly. Always remember that the days you think for a fraction of a second that you would like to give up or think to yourself "how am I going to do this?" does not make you weak. It does not make you a bad parent, it just makes you human. God gives special children to special people. I love my Children with all my heart but I will tell you that there have been times that I wish God didn't think I was so special.. And times when I think God made a mistake picking me.. But then I wake up to find a picture scribbled on my paycheck with lipstick that simply says "thank you mommy" and I am glad I am so special!
She is PRECIOUS!
PRaying Cam gets healthy soon!
Try to get some rest!
Love, Cori
Hey Sheree, Came across your blog!! Your little girl is supper cute! I am so sorry to see the problems you have been having. It can be so scary. Bella (or middle child) has what is called a tethered cord. It can cause a number of problems right now we are having to deal with having her walking corrected. She walks on her toes and has weak ankles that turn in. She just had her legs and ankles casted for a week and now she is having to have leg and ankle braces. She will have to wear them for a year or two. We also do physical therapy once a week because she has no core muscle strength.
OK well I could ramble on forever about all the crazy stuff we are having to deal with. : ) Just know it all works out.
Kirsten
Diva is the exact word I was thinking too! She is just gorgeous.
Like Kristin said, I am glad you have the official diagnosis so you can keep continuing on just like yall are doing.
And I must say Sheree, I admire you so much! If my path in life ever detours in a way that I am not expecting, I can only hope that I encompass it with such grace, love, hope, and strength that you have. You rock!
Amy
I completely agree with Amy's comment. You are amazing, Sheree and are such an inspiration.
I love those photos of Gabby. Keep 'em coming!
Hope Cam is feeling better soon!
I'm loving all the pictures of sweet Gabby!
Ok. I give up...Apparantly, the technology train is leaving without me! UGH. Where is my post?
I wanted to let Sheree know what an inspiration she is to all of us. Especially the post on Cam "meeting" Gabby for the first time. By sharing that, you let us see how amazing kids are. You have done a great job for him to not even notice that she may be "different" to the world, which will make him the best big brother she could have!! Your family is beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us! I wish the best for all of you! Thank you for posting this link via Baby Center. I'm mainly a lurker, living thru you new mommies!!
I'm wondering when you get a minute, if you could email me where you are getting the adorable headbands for Gabby? They are the cutest things I've seen!
Please keep us updated. We are thinking about you, and learning so much from your beautiful family!
Love,
Lori
a~m mom
leccleto@hotmail.com
Post a Comment