And she's off!

8:33 AM Posted In , 13 Comments »
My baby is in the operating room. We're hoping to hear something by noon. The transition to the O.R went smoothly. They gave her some nasty medicine (which I'm told is similar to valium and xanax) that was supposed to make her sleepy. Yeah, that didn't happen. I sat with her and rocked with her hoping she would eventually fall asleep but ten minutes after the meds were administered they took her from me :( . She went willingly. I think she was feeling a little drunk. She just kept nodding her head like she was dancing.

I watched her as they took her away and she was just looking around, not crying, so I was pleased.

Immediately after, I snuck into the family shower (because I SO needed it)!

My mom is here with me now and we are just waiting...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheree,
I have been following your story (a fellow Feb 05 mom from babycenter) and wanted you to know we are praying for Gabby.

Kristin said...

I'm glad you have your own mama with you. I hope it's only the 4 hours they were thinking of. I'm lifting you guys up in prayer as soon as I hit "post".

Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Gabby, your family and the doctors are in my prayers. I pray that Gabby's little body will respond well and will heal super fast. I pray for the doctors mind, eyes and hands. I pray for stength for both you and your husband. I know God is in that operating room with Gabby, as well as in the waiting room with you. God Bless.

Heather said...

Thinking of you.Praying for Gabby.Sending lots of healing vibes and wishes for smooth sailing.She is a strong and feisty.Just the combination needed!She is going to do great .. I just know it.

Candace said...

I am thinking of Gabby and you today. You impress me with your strength and courage. Gabby is a lucky little girl to have such a strong mommy. She gets her own courage and strength from learning from you. My prayers are with you all.

Janet said...

Hi Sheree - we're all praying for Gabby here at Acura. I know all will go well. Love seeing pics of Gabby, hope to meet her in person someday!!! Say hi to your Mom for me. Love, Janet

angiesarman said...

We're praying for Gabby too!! HUGS!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Sheree, you are most welcome! I know how hard it is to hand your baby over to the surgeons, I'm glad she went without tears!!! I've been praying all morning!!! Can't wait to hear she is back in your arms again!
(My word verification on this entry is "blesinge" awww)

Maui Mama said...

May the Lord guide the surgeons hands to heal Gabby's heart. Praying for a successful surgery & uncomplicated recovery. XOXOXO

Cathy said...

Thinking of you and praying for Gabby and all those involved with her care!

The Lehnick Family said...

Praying for you...glad your mom is there with you too! I will be gone for a week, but will be anxious to catch up on how she is doing when I get back...hugs and kisses to you guys!xoxoxo Darlena

Lisa said...

Praying for you and Gabby! (she is so beautiful!) I was in your shoes just last week. May God give you the grace you need for each step of this ordeal.

2blessed2stress said...

Thanks for the update, we're praying and waiting!