Gabby (sort of) crawls for banana cake!

8:36 PM Posted In , , 13 Comments »
I am not above bribery! And yes...it's really that good!

Peanut Butter Banana Cake

courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1-1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup milk

Frosting

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

1/3 cup milk

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Beat in bananas and vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.

Transfer to a greased 13-in. by 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

For frosting: In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, milk, and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake.

Yield: 12-15 servings.

**sheree's note**

If you're a badass like me, you'll add chocolate chips.

(ps...gabby did not have peanut butter!)

13 comments:

Kele said...

That is precious! I could just eat HER up... she is THAT cute!
Thanks for the recipe, I printed it and will be trying it very soon, with the 'bad ass' addition of course!!

The Sanchez Family said...

So cute!!!! Joaquin totally does that toe tapping too! I love her crawl and that she loves banana cake :)!!!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness she is just the cutest ever!! Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

Monica Crumley said...

Adorable! She's really changed since I last saw her. I love her crawling and chowing on the cake. See you soon.

Lisa said...

I cannot get over her crawling! And her clapping feet :) And I'm totally baking that cake this weekend...

The Hapa Girl said...

LOL...you so need to get a shirt that says "Will work for FOOD". That's the only way we get Lillian motivated for anything these days!

Michelle said...

She's so cute! I love that age with Ruby.

Kyla said...

That wasn't "sort of" crawling, that was real crawling, up on her hands and everything!! How old is she now? KayTar was a little over 18 months when she finally start crawling like that, before it was more of a wiggle worm army thing...elbows and belly on the floor, KWIM?

sheree said...

kyla- she is 14 months. Yeah...I was trying not to get all excited and think it was "real" crawling but after watching it a few hundred times, I think I'll accept it! :)

Crittle said...

Ha! That's GREAT!

I, too, am similarly motivated. Mmmm, cake.

KOPE FAMILY BLOG said...

it was so cute to watch her on video. she is such a doll! she always has the cutest clothes on.

~aj~ said...

Wow!!! She is a girl after my own heart. If anything can get me going, it's a good piece of cake. :)

She is DEFINITELY crawling and I'm so, so proud of her!!!

Lisa said...

By the way... you need to keep posting to your Phamily Menu blog... tasty.