lookie what Cam did today!!

5:00 PM Posted In , 12 Comments »
He had his very first trip to the dentist!
(I know I should have had him in like two years ago...sue me)
He was a bit apprehensive this morning as we were getting dressed and preparing for the appointment. He kept saying, "But I'm scared." I just kept reassuring him. We brought along his new "Spongebob Goes to the Dentist" book to ease his mind on the car ride there.
Once we got called back, the technician took xrays of his teeth and told me she would only do the "easy" ones for this visit (meaning, no xrays of the teeth in the back) and so she did, and they were done with that in less than a minute. Cameron seemed to be doing great.


Just after the xrays, he hopped onto the "magic chair" and "took a ride." You can tell he is a bit nervous at this point. Sweet guy.

The tech was really really good about not scaring him. She gave him some cool shades to wear since she was shining that big bright light and also gave him some headphones so he could watch Ice Age which was playing on the TV in the ceiling (shoulda got a picture of that...it was cool!)
She cleaned and scraped and Cameron did awesome. Never even flinched.
He really liked the water squirter and the suction tube. He told me that was his favorite part :)

I don't think he was quite ready to be done. He was so relaxed.


He was so proud of his freshly cleaned teeth. He wouldn't stop saying "Ahhhh."



His little souvenir...it's goin' in the scrapbook.

On the way home, Cameron told me he want's to be a dentist when he grows up so he can shine a little mirror in people's mouth.
:)






12 comments:

The Lehnick Family said...

What a great memory post...he is going to love this when he is older...I loved your last post as well...Gabby is getting so big! All that pretty hair she has is so cute!! And your little Cameron is a doll. I see you finally have your surgery date...and looks like it is set in stone this time...I will be thinking about you all and hoping for a speedy recovery...keep us posted...

My name is Sarah said...

cool poster you got.

KOPE FAMILY BLOG said...

That is so awsome. I took kimber a couple of months back and it was a nighmare. i think it is better to wait till they are a little older. Our dentist office wasn't that cool. She just got a dora toothbrush.

Kyla said...

KayTar still hasn't been. I'm so freaked because she pukes whenever the regular doc just shines a light in her mouth...I can't imagine letting anyone TOUCH her mouth. Ugh.

Looks like Cam had a great experience, though!

Virginia said...

YAY, my favorite post!!! Cam didn't beat your record :) Did you take him to a pedodontist? It doesn't really look like a pedo office...

No cavities?!?

Nice picture taking!

sheree said...

oh, I forgot to mention he had FOUR cavities. We'll be going back on wednesday for some fillings. Joy.

Virginia said...

Four...is he brushing 2x a day? He must get his teeth from his dad :-D

Hopefully he still likes the dentist after Wednesday!

sheree said...

virginia- the dentist said that unless we're flossing his teeth every day, he will be prone to cavities in certain areas due to the way his teeth are positioned (close together in the back)

Kind of a pain but now is as good a time as any to practice good dental hygiene! lol

~aj~ said...

Seriously, Cam is some kind of rock star. I hope the next appointment will go just as smoothly!

Virginia said...

I was taught that when kids have the dexterity to tie their shoes well, they can start flossing on their own. So hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Hope it went well today (for wed's follow up appointment). I agree, now is a perfect time.

Rebecca said...

I hope my 3 year old does as well at her dentist appointmet next month!

PAL said...

I know this is a delayed-reaction comment, but we just had Z go to the dentist for his first time, too. I can't tell you how many shocked people I've talked to that I didn't take him sooner. Bad me. Z also had four cavities, because of the positioning of his teeth. Sigh. Our filling appointment is August 10. Joy!