someone I know is kinda feisty!

10:37 PM Posted In , 15 Comments »
Well, here I sit in a crammed hospital room with a baby on my chest, who apparently HATES being touched in her sleep. It's going to be a long night indeed.

Today went well for the most part. We got admitted right on time but unfortunately, there were no beds available so we went off on a wild goose chase (with luggage in tow) trying to get some pre-op tests done and over with.

First stop was to have an ECHO performed which was pretty much a nightmare. Gabby's not so much down with being still while someone squirts jelly on her and moves a magic wand all over her chest. So the plan of action was to get her to fall asleep in my arms, transfer her to a bed, and then have the tech do his thing. Right. At one point we were talking about sedation to get the stupid ECHO done but eventually Gabby sat still enough for the tech to get the pictures he needed. Phew.

Next up was blood work which I was really REALLY worried about. It actually went pretty smooth. I think the nurses were more panicked than they needed to be, but at least they were on their toes!

After all of that we had the pleasure of sitting in a conference room for over an hour while we waited for a bed to open up. During this time, Dr. Azakie (gabby's surgeon) came in with the anethesiologist to give us the run-down. He let me know that he predicted the surgery would last around 4 hours. FANTASTIC. I hope that's really the case tomorrow (or today...It's just after midnight now, eek!)

FINALLY, a bed became avalable and we got settled in. Gabby seemed to like her little crib, yay! We got her some milk and food and she was content. However, she eventually got a little restless so we took a spin around our floor...


*note to self*
buy a wagon when we get home...she loved it!

Eventually the walk-a-thon around the hallways got old so I threw Gabs in her crib to see if she might let me update you all.
Probably not.




I think I ended up taking her for a few more spins in the wagon after these pics were taken...how could I not? She is definitely not short on personality these days.
We still hadn't completed the last pre-op procedure on our list (EKG) by nightfall. If you have ever had an EKG, you know there are wires ALL OVER your abdomen. The staff quickly caught on that Gabs would not be having any of that so they geared up to do the EKG after she went to sleep for the night. Well...it's now 12:12am and they have attempted the EKG twice, both times ending in tears. I even cried the second time around.
I had to put my foot down about ten minutes ago. They wanted to try the EKG again and I told them no. They can do it in the morning. I just want her to sleep. She is exhausted and she needs her rest. Thankfully, they listened and my girl is sleeping peacefully. I, on the other hand, will be getting NO sleep tonight. Thank goodness for internet access.


I will definitely keep ypu all updated tomorrow. My cell phone gets absolutely ZERO reception in this hospital so look for updates via facebook and blog...or shoot me an email if you want! I appreciate all of the thoughts, prayers, and kind words more than you all will ever know. Thank you so so much.
xo

15 comments:

Molly said...

Those photos are fantastic! Just said a prayer for your sweet baby girl.

Kyla said...

These photos are great! Gabby is so expressive. LOL. I love it.

Good luck this morning, girls. I'm thinking of ya!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures of Gabby. I love the very last one. Too cute!

Good luck this morning. We'll be keeping Gabby in our thoughts and prayers.

sasha said...

Good Luck Gabby!! You are such a cutie. Praying for you today.

KirstenM said...

Good luck today. I'll be thinking about you guys all day.

Anonymous said...

sheree- she is just the cutest baby i have ever seen, she looks more and more like a grown-up little girl everyday! shes just adorable, you are so brave for her, knocking out witty jokes in your blog after a lack of sleep! i an thinking about both of you girls today i love you so much and wish i could be there to give you a hug. you are a super mama and a wonderful best friend, i feel so lucky to have known you for 16 years now! i know everything will be ok, you are both fighters!

Aunt Nutty said...

Sheree:

Gabby is just the cutest baby ever! I know she is going to do great today. I will be thinking about you guys all day today.

Keep us updated.

Hugs & Kisses to you all.

Love,

Aunt Nutty

Blessed with Boys said...

We are praying for you all! My son Malachi had heart surgery at 6 months old. Feel free to look around on our blog at pictures and such. His surgery was in january!! Good look and keep us posted

Lacey said...

Praying everything goes great, keep us updated. I can't grab your button, for some reason it won't let me.

Gretchen said...

Best of luck today, I'll be thinking about you and your precious princess all day. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Kim said...

She is absolutely adorable! Praying all goes well today.

Candace said...

Good luck today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Gabby throughout the day. The pictures are extra cute. What a sweet girl!

Jennifer said...

The pictures of her in the crib are precious!! Thinking and praying for you!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful pictures!
Praying for you guys today.
HUGS!!

datri said...

She is just so stinkin' cute!