potty training BOOTCAMP!

10:19 AM 13 Comments »


Well...we've tried it before but this time I'm getting serious. After changing Gabby's diapers I have come to realize Cameron is WAY too big to be wearing them! He's ginormous! So today, the potty chart was created, and bribery is in full effect! I told him that everytime he goes potty in the big boy potty, he will get a sticker for his chart. Once he fills up the entire chart, we will take him to six flags to see Thomas the Tank. He is super pumped! We'll see how long it lasts though. I cannot give up this time. I am sure if I stay optimistic, he will too! He is very much capable...we just always give up too easy!




So if you could send me some potty training success (((VIBES))) that would be awesome! :)




ps...he earned one sticker already! YAY!

13 comments:

Keli said...

Hi Sheree.. Just wanted to make you feel better about the potty training thing. Ashleigh didn't learn until 2 weeks before her 4th bday.. Yep, she was really late and it was all my fault I'm sure. But the key that worked with us was m&m's. She got one everytime she went in the potty and got two of them for number two. All I had to do was leave the jar on the counter and it was amazing. She would look at them and then go, "Oh I gotta go pee pee". Bribes work amazing... Good luck..
Keli

Amy said...

Lots of potty training vibes sent your way!

And Yay for a potty success today!

Anonymous said...

My friends told their almost-3-year old that when the new baby came home, she had to use the potty because there could only be one baby in the house with diapers on. She was out of diapers within 3 days, it was amazing. She still occasionally has accidents, but she never wears diapers or pull-ups anymore.

Kyla said...

Good luck! I have a feeling we will be "training" KayTar for a long time, but she's agreeable to it and that's half the battle. I hope Cam does GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Go Cam Go!
Build a bear worked for us.
We would go in the store and let her see all the animals. I let her know as soon as she pooped on the potty she would get a bear of her choice!
We also gave a piece of candy each time she went too.
I am all about bribes! They work wonders! :)
Good luck!
Love, Cori

Lisa said...

Oh he looks TOO CUTE in his underwear! Thomas works like a charm for Charlie as well! Good luck with the chart...it looks GREAT! :)

Kristin said...

Good luck! Go Cam, go!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheree - okay, it's been 19 years since I potty trained a boy. But I remember so clearly doing it in just 3 days. The weather was hot, he had only unders on and I moved his potty chair into the living room. I told him that if he used his potty and didn't wet his training pants for 3 days that I would buy him Big-Boy unders w/Spider man or Batman (but you've already done that it seems! LOL). He did it, I did it and all was great! But it wasn't that easy with the girl...YISH! So be consistent and don't give up! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheree - okay, it's been 19 years since I potty trained a boy. But I remember so clearly doing it in just 3 days. The weather was hot, he had only unders on and I moved his potty chair into the living room. I told him that if he used his potty and didn't wet his training pants for 3 days that I would buy him Big-Boy unders w/Spider man or Batman (but you've already done that it seems! LOL). He did it, I did it and all was great! But it wasn't that easy with the girl...YISH! So be consistent and don't give up! Good Luck!

"http://thephamilyblog.blogspot.com/"

sheree said...

day two has gone well...I think we have about ten stickers on the chart. We had one poopy accident today and he has yet to do a number two in the toilet but we'll get there. We haven't had a pee pee accident yet, knock on wood!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of potty training vibes from London!

When in doubt, think - WWSND?
What would supernanny do? I love her.

It's all about routine. Get him going bed, when he wakes up, etc.
But what do I know I don't have any kids! ;)

Good luck my dear! I miss you guys so much.

Julie said...

Aww. He (and you) can totally do it! Good luck!

~aj~ said...

Sounds like he is doing great! Way to go, Cam!!